Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Horton's being bought by Burger King.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Because American corporations are hurting under the horrific tax burden placed upon them.

I don't know what's worse... believing in garbage like that, or expecting that the rest of us are going to be stupid enough to buy that crap.

Honestly. You may require some sort of caregiver to wipe your ass. How do you manage to not drown yourself in the shower each day?

Stick to... I dunno... whatever it is you think you do best. Because politics and economics ain't your thing bro.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They don't have to be hurting, they just have to be doing better elsewhere.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Good. The treat them like foreign companies and slap large tariffs on them.

At some point, America needs to start treating these asswipes as foreign threats. For all intents and purposes, they are.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Tariffs do far more harm to us.

Comment

Nope.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They enable us to focus on our key efficiencies.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yep, I got that backwards. Their lack enable us to focus on our key efficiencies.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    For comparison, this is white trash:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b49_1407942921
                    I like this, cuter, version of white trash better:
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The treat them like foreign companies and slap large tariffs on them.
                      Interesting. I'm surprised Sava is against American companies relocating to avoid taxation. I believe folks like me warned that this was cause and effect of extremely high corporate taxation rates.

Also, this actually has had a personal impact on my own business, fwiw.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                        Yep, I got that backwards. Their lack enable us to focus on our key efficiencies.
                        I find your avatar increasingly ironic. "Don't tread on me", you say to the representative democracy. But corporations? HELL LET ME BEND OVER SO YOU CAN ASSRAPE ME

idiot

why do you even live in this country if you hate it so much?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

why do you even live in this country if you hate it so much?
                          Better question, why do you?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I hate specific groups (mainly, private interests), not the modern public institutions.

You dumb piece of ****
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

One of the first things we did when we founded this country (mark II) was ban interstate tariffs, because we realized how damaging they are. This is now happening with international tariffs, in the form of free trade agreements.

Comment

I hate specific groups (mainly, private interests), not the modern public institutions.
                                Uh huh. Sure. You love the country so much that you want to change it from what it is to something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X