College football 2014 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Notre Dame got ripped off.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Don't worry, Guy. Brandon is fixing everything.

Athletic director Dave Brandon continued his quest to make amends with the Michigan student body Thursday by announcing a significant drop in student football ticket prices for the 2015 season.

A season pass to all seven of the Wolverines' home games in 2015 will cost students $175, down from $280, according to details released through the Michigan Daily student newspaper. Prices for non-student season-ticket holders won't be affected by the change.

Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Oregon wins 59-41 over Cal. Giving up that many yards and points is pretty much justifying the fear Duck fans had regarding Don Pellum's defense. He has Nick Aliotti's "bend but don't break" mentality, but not the guts that Aliotti had to roll the dice and come up with some big plays.

Oregon also had a 15-yard punt... special teams!

But the offense is still looking great. Royce Freeman continues to be a beast, and former RB Byron Marshall was stellar in his new role as receiver. Mariota had 5 TDs and is just a god among men. Given Stanford's woes, I can't help but think that next week will be a relative cakewalk for Oregon. So the game at Utah will be the biggest remaining test until the Pac-12 championship game. I'm kinda hoping that ends up being a rematch with Arizona...

So, why is Texas still so bad? I mean, I can see a storied program having a couple of down seasons, but they've been pretty awful for 4-5 years now. You'd think given the reputation, location, facilities, tv exposure, etc., they'd have no problem attracting top talent.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Ok, Texas just had a 12-yard punt. Now I feel a bit better.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Mack Brown is a nice guy, but he happened to Texas. Charlie Strong got rid of many players ,but he'll get the team back on track.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Brown had 9 consecutive 10+-win seasons, won a national championship, 2 conference championships and several divisional championships. That's hardly the resume of a bad coach. I have a hard time believing he's the primary reason why Texas continues to struggle.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• His recruiting over the last few years. Pros have bad drafts and college's can be weak in recruiting. Lots of instate prospects went elsewhere. He did fine with players that he inherited.

Comment

• He won the NC with players that were all his, not inherited. Texas had the #2-ranked recruiting class in 2012, and have had consistently high classes up through the end of Brown's tenure. It ain't recruiting that's the problem.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• That can only mean one thing. It's the Punter's fault.

Comment

• If Mississippi State is #1, Kentucky should definitely be ranked in the top 25, even if they lose. And I hate giving credit to any team headed by a Stoops.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• So, why is Texas still so bad? I mean, I can see a storied program having a couple of down seasons, but they've been pretty awful for 4-5 years now. You'd think given the reputation, location, facilities, tv exposure, etc., they'd have no problem attracting top talent.
                          Texas is bad because they ran Mack Brown outta town. They dumped Mack Brown when they started losing for the same reason a hot chick dumps her boyfriend because she thinks she can do better. Strong is incompetent.

That being said, Texas is 3-5 and is not yet out of bowl eligibility. Please, Texas Tech, can you smoke them? Please? So they stop talking crap?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• TCU is destroying wreck'em tech. We go 6-1 with Texas, Kansas State and WVU still on the ticket. Should be a helluva run.

And they hang 82 points after sitting Boykin for the 4th.
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 25, 2014, 20:11.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.

Comment

• 1. Mississippi State
                              2. FSU
                              3. Marshall
                              4. Baylor
                              5. TCU
                              6. KSU
                              7. Alabama
                              8. Awbrun
                              9. Ole Miss
                              10.Duke

11.Georgia
                              12.Arizona
                              13.Arizona State
                              14.Utah
                              15.Colorado State
                              16.Notre Dame
                              17.East Carolina
                              18.Georgia
                              19.Michigan State
                              20.Nebraska

21.tOSU
                              22.Oregon
                              23.Oklahoma
                              24.West Virginia
                              25.Boise State
                              25.LSU

NR- LSU, but will be ranked if Utah loses. Ole Miss falls to 9 with their loss to LSU.
                              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 1, 2014, 19:10.

Comment

• LSU beats Ole Miss! Oregon will be #5 in the AP poll. The SEC cannibalizing itself is a gloooooorius thing!
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X