Sorry for the downtime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the downtime!

Not sure what happened yet, but we're back up.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I don't know if it helps, but the site shot three "new private message" emails at me about the same time it went down. These were for the three most recent ones, but none of them were from yesterday.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I don't think it's related.

The email system had gotten very backlogged because of enabling Tapatalk ... which decided to email every Apolyton member about how awesome it was. This backlog was keeping new notifications from being sent out for about the last month or so. I deleted all the Tapatalk queue (as well as some of the non-essential queue that had backed up) yesterday when some members noticed the private message notifications weren't being sent out.

This allowed all the notifications and signup confirmations from the past month to be sent out within a few minutes. The email system should be back to normal (and far less taxed) now.

Comment

If it helps, since a few days including today, I'm not receiving notifications, from new posts nor PM .
          Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
          Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

I've received PM and thread notifications fine, so it may be something specific to your account.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I think my account is normal. I didn't change anything recently. Apparently, nobody in the spanish subforum is receiving anything neither.

Comment

It looks like your notification settings are ok. I'll look into what is going on.

Comment

It looks like it was because the reverse DNS wasn't returning "apolyton.net", but rather just "ap" because of how the host sets up PTR records based on the name I give the server in their control panel. Some email systems (your's included) were rejecting the emails because of this.

The PTR should now be "apolyton.net" and the emails being rejected for that reason will hopefully go through now.

Comment

I'm receiving notifications again just now !

Thank you !

Comment

Working...
                    X