Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do we do when when nobody has a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Average as a synonym for 'mediocre', not say, a mean or median. Thanks KH. The numbers are not unreasonable. TX is big.
    I've forwarded your generous offer to give away Texas to the governments of China, India, Bangaladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan, Thailand, Burma, Nigeria, South Africa, Brazil, Mexico, Egypt, and Palestine. Expect the first batch of immigrants next week. Were you planning on providing food and shelter? If not let us know, we can alway ask the prospective travellers to bring along tents, plywood, corrugated aluminum, seeds, chickens, goats, etc.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I've forwarded your generous offer to give away Texas to the governments of China, India, Bangaladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan, Thailand, Burma, Nigeria, South Africa, Brazil, Mexico, Egypt, and Palestine. Expect the first batch of immigrants next week. Were you planning on providing food and shelter? If not let us know, we can alway ask the prospective travellers to bring along tents, plywood, corrugated aluminum, seeds, chickens, goats, etc.
      I'm not quite sure your argument works for an immigrant to Texas. Does it not say, "bring me your tired and your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free?"
      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; August 28, 2014, 00:12.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The most mediocre people only occupy the space they are standing on! We could fit them all in a space slightly bigger than rhode island!
        I would rank Nestor an average poster on Apolyton.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I'm not quite sure your argument works for an immigrant to Texas. Does it not say, "bring me your tired and your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free?"
          Meixicans surely appreciate this.

I would rank Nestor an average poster on Apolyton.
          Oh look! Petty insults! i'm so hurt!
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I wonder if those 7 billion people are going to be fed from crops grown on those 8000 square feet of land also? I know, what Ben and Krazy Horse are saying is that when the robots take over the hoi polloi of the Earth will be moved onto a Texas sized reservation and the owners, managers and professionals will inhabit the rest.

Comment

Perhaps you should re-evaluate what it is you think I was saying...
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                Perhaps you should re-evaluate what it is you think I was saying...
                You were supporting Ben's assertion that the world's population could be fitted into Texas. I was merely continuing this proposition on to the next logical level. The robots will take over the Earth. Likely there will be human owners, managers, designers, etc. Professionals (lawyers, judges, politicians, civil administrators, doctors, dentists )will never allow the robots to replace them and have the political clout to make sure it doesn't happen. Everyone else will be unemployed. There will have to be a place to put them since they won't be able to afford their own housing. Ben suggested Texas. Well done Ben! Perhaps you've earned a place outside the Texas Human Preserve.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                  Meixicans surely appreciate this.
                  BK is a well reputed advocate for immigrants
                  (not)
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Like anything, it's OK when it benefits him, and the worst thing ever when it doesn't.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• If America is going to deport anyone, it should be his dumb ass first.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I find it hilarious that some of our more Capitalist posters are advocating Communism in this scenario while I envision the logical Capitalist solution.

Comment

• Capitalism breaks down where there is no market. BI Allows the market to remain, while minimizing government control. It is only logical.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• What does that have to do with the human capacity of Texas?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Meixicans surely appreciate this.
                              Yes, and? Argenchileans are racist against Mexicans?

Why do you think I'd be opposed to legal immigration from Mexico?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                                Capitalism breaks down where there is no market. BI Allows the market to remain, while minimizing government control. It is only logical.
                                BI? Kinky!

Comment

Working...
                                X