Custom Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Music

Does anyone know how to change the music?

I have put new music in the \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\CustomAssets\sounds\soundtrack folders (Classical, Industrial etc.) but they don't play in game so do I have to change anything in the ini or somewhere else to get the game to use the custom assets?

Its the Steam complete version of the game.

Thanks in advance.

For that to work you need to have the music files named exactly the same as the originals I think.

There are a couple other methods you can use.

There is an game option to use a custom music folder.

The other option would be (after doing what you've done already) to edit the XML files in CustomAssets as well. Copy the original XML file to your own mod folder. Search for the name of the song you want to change in the XML file and change the file reference.

CustomAssets\xml\sounds\Audiodefines.xml

Comment

You dont have to change anything. I'm going to guess you're playing Beyond The Sword? Go into programs/Firaxis Games/Sid Meiers Civ 4/ assets/ sounds/ soundtrack. Then there are 4 folders labeled Classical(ancient era), Medieval, Industrial, and Modern. Go in those folders, find the songs you want to take out, copy it's name, rename the song you want in it;s place, and put it in the folder. Done.
      As for BTS, the actual Classical era plays the soundtrack of Warlords. So to change those, go into Sid Meiers Civ 4/ Warlords/ Assets/ Sounds/ Soundtrack. And do the same as above. Pick a song you want, rename it the same name as the song you want to replace in the folder, plop it in, overwrite, done.
      I've done this because a number of those songs grated the hell out of my nerves, and the guys voice on C2C was driving me nuts.
      I should probably be ashamed for replacing the Barbarian theme with Chief Keef.

Comment

Working...
      X