No announcement yet.

Do we really need Aeson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were Ned, I wouldn't return. Pretty much everything he's ever said has been wrong. You could do a whole thread on Ned's wrongness about Iraq.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Looks like MWHC has volunteered to use his life savings to keep the site running! Hooray!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Who is MWHC anyway? I've never seen the guy before and then he comes in and spams the forum like he owns the place. Is he an old timer that decided to return all of a sudden?
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
            Is he an old timer that decided to return all of a sudden?
            Yes.

IIRC, he is friends with Ming and rah IRL
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              Looks like MWHC has volunteered to use his life savings to keep the site running! Hooray!
              Only half his life savings, but still better than nothing.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Meh, as long as he keeps paying the hosting fees he can stick around.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                  SPAM?!

That's what Facebook is for!

ACK!
                  Social networking sites are just killing web forums. None of the kiddies seem to sign up for web forums these days so the group of people who are on forums just keeps getting older and older.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Social networking sites are just killing web forums. None of the kiddies seem to sign up for web forums these days so the group of people who are on forums just keeps getting older and older.
                    This is a good thing, IMO. As technology has become more accessible, the average level of intelligence among people on the internet has fallen quite drastically.

Not that it was very high to begin with.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      Not necessarily. I mean there are plenty of web forums that are healthy and have younger folks posting as well.

Just not turn based strategy video game web forums.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        Yes.

IIRC, he is friends with Ming and rah IRL
                        WE used to play CIV II MP with him all the time. But that was quite awhile ago.
                        Never met him in person. (unlike many of the others that were part of the CIV II group)
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Aeson is my favorite poster.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

We need Aeson to stay around till he suckers someone else into doing it. That is the rule.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yes we played civ ii mp... many moons ago. I was of course the better player... with many genius invasion plans.

spam?! is that all I am. well it is fun.

aeson is fine... he can stay. I think everyone is happy.

and yes... I just decided to return... didn't post for years. just emailed aeson and asked what my password was, couldn't even remember the old email address I was using. so blame aeson

Comment

Working...
                                X