Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Brown - the 'kid' shot by cops 4 days ago in the US, who might have been unarmed and maybe was not fighting the cops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    your perspective is garbage
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The videos and pictures are rolling in. The "sensationalist" comment sounds like some bull**** straight from FOXNEWS. You've got Al Jazeera journalists being gassed. Then the SWAT team moves in and dismantles their equipment.

Suppressing a riot involves shooting beanbag rounds and tear gas at journalists?

The actions of the police are completely indefensible.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
        How so?
        Sounds like you're offering excuses for actions that have been condemned by just about everyone in the chain of command. (MO governor, President, etc)
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I would agree that emotions are high and that people are overly demonizing police. I'm not of the "****/kill the police" camp. After all, I applauded the response to the Boston Marathon bombing.

The SWAT team did help that crew out after tear gassing them. So that's something!
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            Is this just more "sensationalism"?

She was shot by a beanbag round while praying.
            She's flashing gang signs, she's lucky she wasn't shot with a real bullet
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
              She's flashing gang signs, she's lucky she wasn't shot with a real bullet
              She needs to learn to stop resisting.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                The next time will be the first.
                So what is the justification for buying them? I thought in general Americans were not that keen to be taxed. For perspective, there a reasonable uproar here when London Met police bought some water cannon this year, why police need IED-proof vehicles seems odd to me.

Comment

I have actually been trying to avoid this entire mess as I have enough headaches with work right now anyway, so I don't have as much information as you. In any case, I often don't care much what politicians say as they will back whatever happens to be popular opinion at that particular time anyway.

On the clip you posted about the journalist getting tear gassed, there is, once again, not enough information. It looks bad on the tape, but we don't know what happened prior to the cannister getting popped. Did the police order them to move back from a potential dangerous situation? Is an order in place that enforces a curfew for that particular neighborhood? It's possible that both of these things happened but that's not going to get a very good response from the viewers. Let's just ignore that fact they told us to leave and make sure you don't show the sign posted stating the curfew time.

Doesn't it seem reasonable to place a curfew in an area that is rioting? Doesn't it seem reasonable to enforce that curfew? Doesn't it seem reasonable to enforce that curfew equally rather than giving someone a break because he has a camera?
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Livestream of events

Peaceful protesters fired upon. Do you see a riot? I see a protest.

Skip to 9:30. Police start firing into the crowd. Gas grenades, rubber bullets.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have actually been trying to avoid this entire mess as I have enough headaches with work right now anyway, so I don't have as much information as you. In any case, I often don't care much what politicians say as they will back whatever happens to be popular opinion at that particular time anyway.

On the clip you posted about the journalist getting tear gassed, there is, once again, not enough information. It looks bad on the tape, but we don't know what happened prior to the cannister getting popped. Did the police order them to move back from a potential dangerous situation? Is an order in place that enforces a curfew for that particular neighborhood? It's possible that both of these things happened but that's not going to get a very good response from the viewers. Let's just ignore that fact they told us to leave and make sure you don't show the sign posted stating the curfew time.

Doesn't it seem reasonable to place a curfew in an area that is rioting? Doesn't it seem reasonable to enforce that curfew? Doesn't it seem reasonable to enforce that curfew equally rather than giving someone a break because he has a camera?
                      I guess we just have different interpretations about what "freedom to assemble" means. At some point, law enforcement officers need to ask themselves if they're for team blue or team red, white, and blue.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Most of what I type on here regarding police action is exactly the same thing and boils down to one simple thing: Don't jump to conclusions.

Get information before spouting hate/malice/violence.

Again, why skip to 9:30 in your latest clip? I'm guessing that's when the rubber bullets start to be shot. Yeah, that's the climax, the exciting moment, the money shot. It also most likely causes you to skip the part where the police use a bull horn giving them warning.
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          Steve King is a festering boil on the ass of our country, and his continued employment paints a very bad picture of a certain part of Iowa.
                          would that be everything west of the Mississippi?

Comment

Sure people have a right to peacefully assemble. I'm all for it. Unfortunately, some people earlier choose to not do it peacefully. A curfew was put in place (I readily admit to not actually knowing if a curfew was in place, it just seems like the right thing to do in a riot situation) and it is/was being enforced uniformly for the areas covered.

Comment

Most of what I type on here regarding police action is exactly the same thing and boils down to one simple thing: Don't jump to conclusions.

Get information before spouting hate/malice/violence.

Again, why skip to 9:30 in your latest clip? I'm guessing that's when the rubber bullets start to be shot. Yeah, that's the climax, the exciting moment, the money shot. It also most likely causes you to skip the part where the police use a bull horn giving them warning.
                              The entirety of the video is there for all to view.

Warning people they're going to be shot at by beanbags and tear gas doesn't make it okay. This is America, not Soviet Russia.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sure people have a right to peacefully assemble. I'm all for it. Unfortunately, some people earlier choose to not do it peacefully. A curfew was put in place (I readily admit to not actually knowing if a curfew was in place, it just seems like the right thing to do in a riot situation) and it is/was being enforced uniformly for the areas covered.
                                I see no mention of a curfew in the Constitution... just some parts about the government not being allowed to tell people they can't assemble.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X