Rescuing stranded civilians
    Now getting supplies of small arms and ammunition from the US

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Also, the ones who caught Saddam Hussein and bin Laden's courier

Comment

they're effective in the mountains, but recent setbacks have shown their frailties when coming down on to the plains.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I wonder how in 10 years when a well equiped PKK is going to but heads with the Turks (NATO member) we will be viewing this event...
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Greeks will join in with the Kurds.

Free Cyprus!
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

interestingly the turks and iraqi kurds have been co-operating for some time and have established good relations.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
              I wonder how in 10 years when a well equiped PKK is going to but heads with the Turks (NATO member) we will be viewing this event...
              The PKK and the Peshmerga have always been enemies.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

a) Ignorant, confusing PKK with peshmerga
                b) Who gives a flying ****? Stop evil now, as it happens. Worry about the turks' internal problems later.

GET SOME. GET SOME.

Video from two U.S. military targeted airstrikes against Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) targets in northern Iraq.The first attack occurred about...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Good luck moving or fighting in open terrain from here on out, *******s.

Pin them down, let the peshmerga crush them in detail. People don't take it too kindly when you threaten their kin with genocide
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They're welcome to. **** Erdogan.

Comment

Pin them down, let the peshmerga crush them in detail. People don't take it too kindly when you threaten their kin with genocide
                      A-****ing men.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        a) Ignorant, confusing PKK with peshmerga
                        Oh really???

"In 2012 the Kurdish leadership put in effect a program to unify the Kurdish forces of PUK and KDP, both of which operated as separate armies inside the region before the unification. The unification program plans on having a total size of 18 brigades, which will be finalized by mid-2014."
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Turks have three still "hot" enemies, Kurds, Armenians and Greeks... instability is definitely not working in their favour.
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Could the Peshmerga use an Alcubierre Drive to go back in time and crush ISIS before they were even born? Would this make baby Spock cry?
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

You forgot, TMM, I'm an expert on geopolitical relations in the Mideast! You've insulted me for the last time with your ignorant missives.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X