No announcement yet.

Did Ross cheat on Rachel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting a break basically is code for the asking party to see what they are worth on the open market and if there are no takers, then they have someone as a backup. It's ridiculously controlling behavior.
    Controlling? It's very disrespectful. Better to just dump and be done with it. You want to test the market, good luck.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
      It'slike the show is presenting a dysfunctional relationship and playing it for the laughs/drama!
      I watched Friends for the authentic portrayal of 1990s-era New York City yuppies, thankyouverymuch.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

120% of the people voted

but we need more
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I didn't vote.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            That's called "I want some space", not "I want a break". Wanting a break basically is code for the asking party to see what they are worth on the open market and if there are no takers, then they have someone as a backup. It's ridiculously controlling behavior.
            It can mean many things. What I am saying is their actions ultimately clarify what they mean. If they go out and see other people, what they meant was they want to go out and see other people (along the lines of what you said). There are many other possibilities.

Comment

We have words so we can describe what someone means without having to scrutinize their actions.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

We are on a break should mean we should have time to think about where are hearts are and also go bong some big tittied woman because we're on a break.
                I'd say breaks are dangerous things.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  I watched Friends for the authentic portrayal of 1990s-era New York City yuppies, thankyouverymuch.
                  The show was not accurate.
                  In order for them to have that much space and that kind of appartments in New York, they should have had completely different kind of jobs (according to a research).

But friends was benign compared to the dessacrating evil that was beverly hils 900001 (and of which everyone was a dedicated fan, untill they grew up and realized wtf)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    We have words so we can describe what someone means without having to scrutinize their actions.
                    I guess you think everyone always accurately describes their intentions, and that everyone always means exactly the same thing when using any given phrase?

The simple fact is that if my SO were to tell me she wanted a break, I wouldn't be sure what she meant from that alone. I could see meanings to it that could lead to us being back together, and I could see meanings to it that would disqualify any future relationship between us.

What would be definitive is our actions while on the break. Or if it was further clarified (eg. "I want a break ... to see if I can find someone better than you").

Comment

You had a crush on Rachel, didn't you?
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

No. Though I would find that a much more reasonable position than your infatuation with Ross. (Not because of the homosexuality, but because ... Ross.)

Comment

When I'm on a break, I don't go do a job somewhere else.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I have a friend who used to do just that.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

the poll needs a third option - who the hell are these people?

Comment

Friends was stupid
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X