Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Kenobi is not the only Canadian racist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Kenobi is not the only Canadian racist.

A single Canadian woman, who sought in vitro fertilization in the only local clinic in Calgary, has been prohibited from using donors of a different ethnicity to avoid “creating rainbow families.”

The 38-year old woman, who requested to use only her first name, Catherine, told the Calgary Herald that “everything went downhill” when last March she learned that she could only use sperm, eggs or embryos from donors who were white, like her.

“I was absolutely floored,” she told the newspaper.
    A single Canadian woman, who sought in vitro fertilization in the only local clinic in Calgary, has been prohibited from using donors of a different ethnicity to avoid “creating rainbow families.”

Canada... truly a backwards ****hole.

Wow. If there's nothing more to this story, that's pretty ridiculous. Also, don't read the comments.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

5 star thread.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        Also, don't read the comments.
        Originally posted by Comments
        She's trying to say that there are no non-whites willing to impregnate her? She must be an absolute dog.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Do not believe. Ben is the only Canadian racist.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Then the solution is for her to find a different in vetro place. It seems like the free market could handle this sort of thing. She's trying to buy a service, that service provider isn't offering her what she wants, so the solution is to find another service provider.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't think this's going to hold up very long now that it's public, but you never know.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Public pressure is a fine solution as that's part of regular market forces. I just don't think the government needs to regulate this place as the market will sort it out just fine without a giant new rule book of regulations.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They don't need a new rule book of regulations. We already have provincial and federal human rights codes that may apply.

If they don't, then it'll be down to public pressure and possibly medical governing bodies. I'd read that their policy puts some people from very small ethnic populations in a very difficult position. Note it's a policy based on ethnicity, not race. Race would get tossed in a heart beat. Ethnicity seems an attempt at an end run, or the article writer is sloppy.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If they don't, then it'll be down to public pressure and possibly medical governing bodies. I'd read that their policy puts some people from very small ethnic populations in a very difficult position. Note it's a policy based on ethnicity, not race. Race would get tossed in a heart beat. Ethnicity seems an attempt at an end run, or the article writer is sloppy.
                    NYE, it's a policy designed to protect minorities, in the same way they discourage white adoption of minorities.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                      They don't need a new rule book of regulations.

I wonder if Oerdin has Gulf War 2 syndrome. His level of retardation seems to have grown.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh, for fvck sake... the source is RT.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

The source is RT, but if you do a little googling, there's a Calgary Herald article about it. I can't speak to the veracity of the Calgary Herald, though.
                          Last edited by Lorizael; August 11, 2014, 07:16.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yep, I've read about this in the local and national press. It's not BS, but that article lacks some details I've seen elsewhere.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                            X