No announcement yet.

Non-achievement achievements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My knees are generally okay if I don't have any direct impacts from falls. I have a congenital issue, patella chondrammblahblah. But according to the orthopod guy, I just need to not sit long periods with my knees at a 45 degree angle.

My flexibility is generally pretty good (growing up, before I even did any flexibility training, I would test in the 99th+ percentile in the sit and reach exercise at school). I used to do a lot of yoga. I'm hoping to do a bit more of that... however, I prefer to go with a partner(s). My mom and I used to go a few times per week. My sister is around now too, so I think we're gonna try to make it a family affair.

But I would appreciate learning about your plan if you wouldn't mind sharing. I'm always looking to switch things up and incorporate new routines.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My flexibility is generally pretty good (growing up, before I even did any flexibility training, I would test in the 99th+ percentile in the sit and reach exercise at school). I used to do a lot of yoga. I'm hoping to do a bit more of that... however, I prefer to go with a partner(s). My mom and I used to go a few times per week. My sister is around now too, so I think we're gonna try to make it a family affair.
      Yoga ok for flexibility. I'm not a yoga fan, but I do Judo. Judo does similar things with our stretching and warmups before randori.

Stand on one foot - pull the other leg up close to the body - you should feel it pulling.

Stretch out your legs and place full weight on one knee. Shift to the other knee. Arms out side to side.

Kick out and put leg up on say bed or table height and reach down with both arms as far as you can reach.

Sit, legs open both side and put your hands on your feet, and feet together. Bring feet in as close to your butt as possible. Try not to lose balance.

Arms - windmill both ways, both arms; pull and stretch across and pull elbow back. reach out to full extension and pull up and rotate.

Always worked for me. You know it's working when you're feeling it.
      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; August 9, 2014, 09:19.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Also, don't forget quad extensions
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            My wardrobe consists of mostly of t-shirts and athletic shorts. I've got a few suits and some decent business casual stuff. But overall, my give-a-**** for fashion is non-existent.
            I'm sad for you.

My non-achievements:

My first grey hair appeared when I was 13. Male pattern baldness began when I was 16. AS my parents use to say to me, 'You were born old'.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              I'm about to lose a game of Words With Friends. This is an achievement, because I'm pretty ****ing badass at Words With Friends.
              Couldn't even manage that. Won by 6 points.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
              X