CO2 emmissions "but what about China?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 emmissions "but what about China?"

That old excuse is going the way of the... well, everything.

Beijing will ban coal use in its six main districts by the end of 2020, state media cited the Beijing Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau as saying, as the Chinese capital steps up efforts to combat air pollution.

Beijing and the surrounding area in China's northeast is often wreathed in noxious smog, which has been cited as a factor in high rates of lung cancer.

Dongcheng, Xicheng, Chaoyang, Haidian, Fengtai and Shijingshan districts will all stop using coal and coal products and shut down coal-fired power plants and other coal facilities, the official Xinhua news agency said on Monday.

In 2012, coal made up one-quarter of the city's total energy consumption, Xinhua quoted official statistics as saying.

Fuel oil, petroleum coke, combustible waste and some biomass fuels will also be prohibited as part of the effort to fight pollution, Xinhua said.
    Beijing will ban coal use in its six main districts by the end of 2020, state media cited the Beijing Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau as saying, as the Chinese capital steps up efforts to combat air pollution.

Fortunately for the Chinese, they control their coal industry... not the other way around.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

2020... that's a long time from now. China might not even be around.

Comment

Don't think that this means China will be significantly curbing carbon emissions. They're just tired of Beijing being a giant cancer house.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

of course look at the US... the great green lake. there are just too many people on this planet.

Comment

That green is ecto cooler.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
            there are just too many people on this planet.
            You can always join VHEMT.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

no I'm not going anywhere... I'm American.

Comment

Working...
              X