Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Guy! May I have your comment on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
    A) It's the government telling the doctors to limit themselves to cases where it is actually relevant to treatment.
    Sometimes my doctor asks me annoying and irrelevant questions like, "How 'bout that local sports team?" Can we get that **** banned, too? Ugh.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      Wasn't part of the conservative hue and cry about Obamacare that they specifically didn't want the government telling doctors what to do?
      Doctors are also told what to do by the medical societies, the American Pediatric Association, the American Academy of Family Practioners, the American College of Physicians, etc. These societies are by no means government agencies, though they often do frame the recommendations the government incorporates into its healthcare policies. In fact the government can only tell us what to do for patients on Medicaid or Medicare, it's the medical societies which set the general guidelines for acceptable practice. Every state has its own board of medicine.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        Sometimes my doctor asks me annoying and irrelevant questions like, "How 'bout that local sports team?" Can we get that **** banned, too? Ugh.
        I've been reported to the Virginia Board of Medicine for asking a coughing patient about his smoking habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
          I've been reported to the Virginia Board of Medicine for asking a coughing patient about his smoking habits.
          /facepalm

Which do you think is worse, the government or the medical societies?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

People
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
              ...so they can't talk about household chemicals until the child comes in poisoned? I really don't see the difference here.
              Do you not own bleach?
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I downloaded it off the internet irate:
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  Do you not own bleach?
                  I own bleach, have loaded weapons in several spots, medieval weaponry festoons my walls, and baited mousetraps litter my floors.

I have no kids.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My vote: assume everyone is a gun owner and give them a gun safety lecture. The non-gun-owners will tell you to stop. Assume the rest are owners
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        /facepalm

Which do you think is worse, the government or the medical societies?
                        Oh, I was reported, I didn't say that I was disciplined. The Board gave me the obligatory phone call to hear my side, I was brief, they said thank you, end of story.

Comment

I have personally taken care of children--as young as age 7--who have shot themselves with their parents' unsecured firearm. I don't know if the gun owners who support this bill are just stupid, or paranoid, or evil, but I know they are ****ing cowards if they can't stand to even discuss the way they store their weapon around children.
                          Do you spend equal time asking whether the parent has a smartphone and not to text while driving?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Should there be a law saying a doctor can't talk about texting and driving?

After all, not everyone owns a car.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                              Because "it's a government mandate" and "it makes a lot of sense" doesn't sufficiently outline my position?
                              As I explained elsewhere it's not the government establishing the mandate, it's the professional societies establishing standards of care. The government may incorporate those standards in public insurance such as Medicaid and Medicare. Private insurance companies may do likewise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Do you spend equal time asking whether the parent has a smartphone and not to text while driving?
                                Yes. I also admonish them to turn those ******* things off in my clinic and to stop taking pictures of me and other patients.

Comment

Working...
                                X