Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    Poly has received one of these.

Aeson contacted me a few weeks ago about someone requesting that a post I made back in 2002 should be removed. I was quoting a list of article titles written by some columnist, and I think he now wants to disown his more inflammatory past.
    Is the post still in existence? I'd like to repost it everywhere.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Why?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Generally, the only right to be forgotten (public record) should be when the information is false or incorrect. Privately I think you should be able to have data no longer required for the purpose it was provided be deleted.

And as TMM demonstrates, the Barbara Streisand effect is tough to overcome.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          Is the post still in existence? I'd like to repost it everywhere.

The post exists, but the list of articles in it was removed.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It was basically just a quote of the list of articles on his site. I replaced it with a link to the list of the articles on his site. (Probably where it was quoted from.) From what I could tell, there were at least a couple differences in the list. I don't know if it was a copyright issue, some kind of publicity troll, or he wanted specific articles "vanished" ...

Comment

Some time ago there was a thread about Googling your user name and the results it mightyield. Really eye-opening.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Googling my username brings up a lot of stuff, but you'd be hard pressed to figure out which of it is connected to me. If you comb over my thousands of posts, however, you can figure out a lot about me.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

For whoever who has enough free time, and nothing better to do.

Some of my early posts are positively cringeworthy.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Poly comes up as the fourth result if you google my name because I linked to a letter to the editor I wrote. I don't mind being connected to that, necessarily. Though, I'm concerned that a prospective romantic partner might decide to read my posts.

I try to spamme as much as possible in order to bury them in content.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Googling my real name can get you my past addresses and my Facebook account. All you get from my FB account is an old picture of me, though. I have no other presence online through my real name. There's certainly a lot of incorrect info you can gather about me, though.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sometimes I wish I had a more common name. DHS/ICE agents came to my house THE DAY AFTER MY DAD DIED and questioned me in connection with a guy named "Sala Matevich". They knew it was a longshot and were nice about it.

It just makes me laugh when I hear people say we live in this uber-surveillance state where the government knows all.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                        X