CC billiing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC billiing question

I subscribed to NHL Gamecenter. $5 a month. It sucks. I'm trying to cancel it now.

The cancellation policy says I can only cancel the service 5 days after being billed at the start of a yearly cycle... by calling a customer service number only open 3 hours per day. For a total of 15 complete hours of availability all year.

This is utter bull****.

I wrote them an email asking to cancel my subscription and said I would dispute any further charges.

I also updated my account info with complete fake data... even a CC# that will initially pass their check, but ultimate be declined.

If they decide to be assholes about cancelling my subscription, or if they try to make me pay for another full year, will the fake data screw up their process enough so that I can avoid being charged?

What's the best way to deal with this? ...taking into account I've already threatened them. Was that a mistake? Regardless, how should I move forward?

Thank you in advance for any help.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

NHL Gamecenter. Yeah.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Get some lawyer letterhead and threaten them with a class action suit.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I know many lawyers
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ugh, I had one ISP and a phone company both charge me for 6 months after cancellation. Phone company is still trying to collect their bill. I told them I'd settle for the cost of every phone call I actually made, not the 6 months of extra bills.

The bonus is that my entire family switched after their harassment. Way to go, phone company!
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

ugh

good news though: I got a prompt reply early this morning. They cancelled my subscription! That was surprisingly painless. I was getting ready to unleash a torrent of social media rage (DL army on every forum on the internet) against them.

Also, I saw guardians of the galaxy last night.

recommend
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I hope I remember that when it launches in three Weeks.
              Although this may be the first Green Female Alien I don't find attractive
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Yes. I didn't think it was possible, but they made Zoe Saldana look.... not very hot
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                X