Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The House Republicans in U.S. Congress are pathetic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvm
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It was kind of funny to hear Boehner blame Obama for Boehner's inability to pass his own unamended legislation.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        It was kind of funny to hear Boehner blame Obama for Boehner's inability to pass his own unamended legislation.
        I know, right?

24 hours ago, Boehner got House Republicans to pass resolution to sue President Obama for circumventing U.S. Congress, and now Boehner is asking President Obama to intervene in this current congressional mess.

Comment

The neat thing about MrFun is that if you're quick on the refresh key you can know his opinions before he does.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

BK, I still have you on Ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
              I'm interested in hearing what you think an alternative system should be.
              Preferential voting, I think it's called. They do it in Australia; instead of checking a box, you rank the candidates in order of preference. If no one candidate has a sufficient majority of #1 rankings, the weakest candidate gets knocked out and those votes go to their second preference. Still not enough? Second weakest candidate goes, and so on. It lets you vote for a minority party without completely throwing your vote away, thus encouraging a variety of opinions instead of Biggest, Second-Biggest, and Don't Even Bother.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Preferential voting, I think it's called. They do it in Australia; instead of checking a box, you rank the candidates in order of preference. If no one candidate has a sufficient majority of #1 rankings, the weakest candidate gets knocked out and those votes go to their second preference. Still not enough? Second weakest candidate goes, and so on. It lets you vote for a minority party without completely throwing your vote away, thus encouraging a variety of opinions instead of Biggest, Second-Biggest, and Don't Even Bother.
                It's a slick way to eliminate regional representation, and replace it with party drones.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

There is checks and balances, and then there is dysfunction. Two different things, and I think in this instance, we're talking about dysfunction, when the party's own leaders cannot muster enough support within its own party for something like this. It just seems like there's widening cracks within the Republican Party.
                  thats a good thing, we need more dissent and resistance to what the party bosses want

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  I like it

Comment

There is checks and balances, and then there is dysfunction. Two different things, and I think in this instance, we're talking about dysfunction, when the party's own leaders cannot muster enough support within its own party for something like this. It just seems like there's widening cracks within the Republican Party.
                    Checks and Balances = they did what you wanted

Dysfunction = they didn't
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      Checks and Balances = they did what you wanted

Dysfunction = they didn't
                      Nope, that's not what I think dysfunction is.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        I'm not familiar with that voting system. Interesting.

Comment

Of course you are not.

You are insular as any conservative you criticize here. Your tone deaf linking of a Rachel Maddow MSNBC article indicates this.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I've always been fond of proportional representative voting. Some where there is even a video on mixed proportional representative voting which solves gerrymandering all together. IMHO gerrymandering is the worst affront to democracy out there with corruption by elected officials being a close second.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My complaint against PR is that you get little chance to pick a candidate, the party has a bigger say over who is on the list. This is true for FPP, where people can be parachuted in, but it is easier to get a groundswell against such activities or people who piss off the local electorate on a personal (not party) level.

I prefer STV.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

This all seems complicated. You guys should put me in charge.

Then things will get done!
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X