No announcement yet.

could you do it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this in Escape from LA where she played a Cosmetic Surgeons Nurse? What a Movie
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I give myself a 50% chance of doing it without outside help given that I used to have a private pilot's license. That said, I'm sure the Boeing is ungodly more complicated than an old 1970's Cessna. If I had radio contact with the town my odds might rise to 75%.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Not sure whether that would be helpful at all

Spoiler:

- If you were on an aeroplane in which both the pilot and the co-pilot had fallen ill, it would be incredibly difficult for anyone else to land the plane down safely. Luckily, an incident such as this has never occurred in commercial airline travel history. Simulations have been carried out in the USA with people with civil private pilot licences. In these cases one person could not move the seat that moved them towards the control, another turned the radio off, and another turned off the autopilot and crashed the plane immediately. One of the first problems is getting into the cockpit, which is much more secure these days following 9/11. The pilot and co-pilot may be too ill to let you in. If the plane was on autopilot you could continue to fly level, and once you began to land people would talk you through the procedure, but there are so many variables that it is really difficult. There is however an auto-land system. The chances of an intelligent person landing the aircraft in such a situation are 1 in 10 if it is in autopilot, and 1 in 100 if it is not in autopilot.

Source: QI http://qi.com/infocloud/pilots
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I'd do what "Sully" Sullenberger did and bring it level to a body of water, and try to stop.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

To OP: Sounds like a bad idea. I'm sure SOMEONE on the plane is not as drunk as you.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
            X