Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ II TOT - change mountains into hills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ II TOT - change mountains into hills.

I've discovered you change make a engineer change mountain terrain in hills. You can't change back to mountain... but means you might be able to bring water into a square otherwise dry.

The same method can be used to park air units (fortified) outside a city. Not sure when it would be useful... you can take off but have to land at a airbase or city or carrier.

Um, Engineers have been able to transform terrain since Vanilla Civ 2.

Glacier -> Tundra -> Desert -> Plains -> Grassland <-> Hills
    Mountain -> Hills <-> Grassland
    Forest -> Grassland
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

hmmm... I didn't know CIV II TOT engineers could change mountains into hills... hold on let me check

well how about that - been playing CIV II forever.,. I thought you could not - so never tried

I have been just setting the engineer up to do that on some other square... and using the move stacks of units all at one time thing to pick up the engineer too. this is how I can move fortified planes and park them on terrain squares. give you more distance if you don't need to worry about landing... kinda like a Doolittle raid of wwii.

Comment

There's all sorts of exploits you can do. Some people would carry a stack under a plane, with several pre-worked angineers, and just shy of it running out of fuel, they'd plop down an airbase, land the plane, then replace the airbase with a fortress, so the plane would go back into the air, and only other fighters would be able to attack the stack, upon which the strongest land unit (with the fortress bonus) would defend.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It should not be changed.

Comment

Working...
          X