Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Ming is really like - MWHC knows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Ming is really like - MWHC knows...

The capital of his empire is named "Mingo City" in his honour. In addition to his army/admin rights, Ming has access to a wide variety of science fiction gadgets, ranging from rocket ships to death rays to robots. Though evil, he has his weaknesses, which include a desire to marry Flash's beautiful companion, Aeson. Ming's daughter/hybrd Princess Rah is as evil as he is from the start, but is eventually reformed by her/its love for fast food, and later for a Prince on some planet that grows a lot of fruit... man I'm drunk.

So you know his intimate secrets?
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I am really not so beautiful once you get to know me ...

Comment

so I was playing civ1 most of yesterday... at one point, I had 4 armors in a row die to a phalanx defending an unwalled city.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I once bombarded a warrior with a Battleship and it sank
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

right before I finished my game, I looked at the casualties in the military advisor

I had something like 60 armors die in combat

That was the highest death total for any unit that game.

Civ1 deserves props for starting it all... and is still a fun game to play
            but DAMNNNNNNNNN that weak-unit-defeating-powerful-unit BS is annoying
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I used to rush whole continents with nothing but cannon (and later artillery). Massive casualties.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I do a mixture of armor/artillery... using the artillery more for the walled cities. I like armor's 3 MP.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Let's say I wasn't exactly a tactical genius when I was 10
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

ah...

you can find the game on abandonware sites. It runs perfectly via dosbox.

I guess Sid doesn't think it's worth putting on GOG
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think I have it around somewhere...

I don't have enough time, as is.

I'm playing some Civ V, it's better that at launch. I like 1UPT, and hexes
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

agree

I was a bit surprised at how quickly I managed to get through a civ1 game. Less than a day... and I played up until the early 20th century before eliminating the last civ. As much as I enjoy Civ 5+DLC, games can end up taking a long time. I hope the time between turns is a lot shorter in civbe.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                        X