Posters I genuinely dislike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posters I genuinely dislike

Ben Kenobi: For being the most disingenuous and obtuse individual I have ever encountered, an insensitive self-righteous moralizing hypocrite, the biggest user of hindsight, who upholds the most inane positions despite all contrary evidence and obfuscates and moves goalposts when decisively proven wrong. The Don Quixote of logic, tilting strawmen and irrelevant hypotheticals with the frequency and dumb joy of masturbation. Honesty and intellectual openness are virtues completely lacking in this brazenly closed-minded individual. Frankly, his deafness is God's pre-emptive punishment for the person he has become.

Hauldren Collider: Seemingly incapable of producing anything but regurgitations of other people's positions, laughing smilies, and insults. Believes he is omniscient and privy to the deepest hidden motivations and ulterior motives of his political opponents, who are almost unfailingly anti-Semites. A poster-child for the worst genteel American society offers: a spoiled fortunate son, completely devoid of experience or recognition of his privilege, lacking in openness to challenges to his own preconceived framework, or any empathy with other human beings not like himself, yet possessing the self-assured confidence of the easy road afforded by his silver spoon.

Regexcellent: See above but when, for some unknown reason, he dared to open his world to a higher calling and expand his exposure to the wider society, he failed and now mocks and puts down the institutions that defend this nation and its members.

Oerdin: Pure arrogance with no backing. Unfailingly, epically, and perhaps historically wrong with no recognition of this fact, despite repeated attention brought to it by a diverse group of posters. Not wrong in the 'slightly incorrect/incomplete prior interpretation of a complex sequence of events' way that we are all victims of; wrong in the easily verifiable color of the sky way yet forever insisting, some time later, that he was correct, conceiving imaginative fantasies of past positions and events. It is never a crime to be wrong but to so vehemently and assuredly deny what is so clearly presented is a terrible character flaw worthy of the highest contempt.

Molly Bloom: An arrogant self-absorbed progressive try-hard who stretches topics to their very limits and then some to provide irrelevant name-drops which he haughtily conceives others would be impressed by. Possessor of the same character flaws as Hauldren Collider, convinced his forcefully diverse view, yet forever half-glimpsed on account of his outsider status, affords him certainty of the world. Anecdotes are statements of fact and attempts to embellish his own self-conception of his urbane diversity.

I am unsure if I am capable of genuine hate for other people, especially ones only half-glimpsed through messages, but my contempt for these individuals exceeds levels I am comfortable with.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Realizing that that there is nothing glamorous in filling sandbags (or even overseeing the filling of sandbags) isn't failure, it's enlightenment.

e: and I don't get how you could dislike Oerdin. He says some dumb things a lot but that's okay, he's still basically likeable, and I don't think it's possible to disagree more with someone than I do with Oerdin.
    Last edited by regexcellent; July 19, 2014, 17:12.

Comment

Proud to be at the top of Albert Speer's list. I'm clearly doing something right.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I foresee great things for this thread.

Comment

I think some admission of man love will prove to be the cause of the bitterness.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            Realizing that that there is nothing glamorous in filling sandbags (or even overseeing the filling of sandbags) isn't failure, it's enlightenment.

e: and I don't get how you could dislike Oerdin. He says some dumb things a lot but that's okay, he's still basically likeable, and I don't think it's possible to disagree more with someone than I do with Oerdin.
            Agree. I think Oerdin finds it almost impossible to be right about anything, but would be near the top of a list of posters who I would like to have a beer with.

Comment

So, basically, the people Alby hates have won because they actually get him angry and waste time writing threads like this...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                So, basically, the people Alby hates have won because they actually get him angry and waste time writing threads like this...
                And you didn't make the cut. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                  Agree. I think Oerdin finds it almost impossible to be right about anything, but would be near the top of a list of posters who I would like to have a beer with.
                  Same. Most of the time I think his heart is in the right place, but **** does he say some stupid stuff! But I reckon he'd be great to have a beer with...

Hell, I once had a beer with Caligastia when I was in NY and even he wasn't a douche IRL...

Comment

And you didn't make the cut. Sorry.
                    I know, there was a time when I was probably hated only second to BK on the OT - it's been a long, slow decline since then...

Comment

Hmm let's see
                      no i don't dislike ben kenobi.
                      he can come across as a rigid conservative but i think his heart will mellow out like a blossoming flower when he meets a special lady

HC, i think he's useful in that he represents everything that is ****ed up about america a useful idiot

reggy? don't think he's a bad person. just completely different

oerdin, no i like him. he's a friend. solid (I disagree with him often but that doesnt mean much)

molly? he's fun and you actually can learn something from his posts

Comment

I can attest that Oerdin is, in fact, a great partner for a pub crawl. Even if it is just the one pub.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Not exactly a pub crawl then...

Comment

It was going to be, but nobody wanted to get up and leave. I blame Lurker.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Actually on second thought I'm not even sure Moby makes my top five. Wow. Things do change.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X