Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever given a computer to someone else and then got it back? Shocked by the results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's computers tend to work fairly well and remain stable even when they're left unattended.
    Yes my fathers machine does remain pretty stable when he leaves it unattended. It's when it's attended is when there is a problem.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
      This is your last chance puter!!

Well no son, I always keep my nail gun in the den
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Whenever I visit my grandparents or extended family my mom volunteers me to fix every computer in the vicinity. It is actually something I am extremely proficient at but it's not really something I wanna do for what feels like all the octogenarians in St. Louis. Lately I've been refusing. It's extremely aggravating.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

My dad is trying to turn an old router into a dd-wrt repeater bridge - I told him to try following a FAQ (which is all I did the last time I did this), and failing that I'd help him out when I came up to their place after work. He immediately tried mucking around with the router's settings without reading a FAQ, which meant that he then had to do a hard reset do undo the damage, after which he said that he couldn't log in to the router using the default username/password or any of the listed alternatives ([blank]/admin, admin/admin, root/admin, etc).

I went to my parents' place for dinner and took a look at what he was doing. He'd unplugged the router after the hard reset and never plugged it back in.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

DIY
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
              I gave my old laptop to my parents, and my dad accidentally shot the screen with a nailgun (half of the screen was still usable, the other half was toast)
              subtle
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
              X