• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... tonight I'm going to make burgers on the grill

yeah baby.. yummy

I need a good burger recipe.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I hear that springbok works great blended with pork and beef.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Is this now MWHC's Twitter feed?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No, it's mine.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

you are correct - I was not thinking... this should probably have gone in the COT forum.

Comment

i ordered a calzone with sausage. ppepperoni and bacon

and some cheese breadsticks

adn there's peperonie peizas as well
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                Beef burgers: 15% fat beef (sirloin works well), chopped onions, 1 egg per 1.5 pounds meat, pepper, garlic powder, salt, worcestershire sauce. Form into 1/4 pound patties, cook to medium. Works well as cheddar cheeseburger

Lamb burgers: similar ingredients + crumbled feta cheese. Serve as sliders with olive paste, tomatoes.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

How can anyone spell a word wrong differently twice.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

50/50 ground beef and ground bacon. Cook to medium or better for obvious reasons.

Also to get your exact desired doneness if you are one of the many that always overlooks burgers try searing the outside on the grill and finishing them in the oven, or visa versa. I like mine rare so it's easy for me to grill, but all my female family members like the allusive medium which is like 30 seconds to well done hockey puck. One ill timed swig of beer and your done
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                        Go to Five Guys. Order a burger. Eat it while re-reading Oerdin's rants about how terrible Five Guys is.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'll be grilling burgers and sausages today. My sister also brought a half-gallon of some beer that's 10% alcohol.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            Go to Five Guys. Order a burger. Eat it while re-reading Oerdin's rants about how terrible Five Guys is.

I don't think they can be good enough to justify the trip though...
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              Beef burgers: 15% fat beef (sirloin works well), chopped onions, 1 egg per 1.5 pounds meat, pepper, garlic powder, salt, worcestershire sauce. Form into 1/4 pound patties, cook to medium. Works well as cheddar cheeseburger

Lamb burgers: similar ingredients + crumbled feta cheese. Serve as sliders with olive paste, tomatoes.
                              Thanks! Is the recipe intended for grilling or BBQing? Or either? I want something that can be done relatively easily on the BBQ (charcoal), apart from chorizos, for when I don't have the time or inclination for a full-fledged asado.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                              X