Fvck SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fvck SCOTUS

... and don't use contraceptives. Corporations now have religious rights. Should anyone still take America seriously?
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

There's already a thread on this. One staar.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        ... and don't use contraceptives. Corporations now have religious rights. Should anyone still take America seriously?
        Some corporations have religious rights, a deeply divided Supreme Court decided Monday in ruling that certain for-profit companies cannot be required to pay for specific types of contraceptives for their employees.

All five conservative justices appointed by Republican presidents ruled in favor of closely held for-profit businesses -- those with at least 50% of stock held by five or fewer people, such as family-owned businesses -- in which the owners have clear religious beliefs.
        The Supreme Court rules that closely held companies cannot be required to pay to cover some types of contraceptives for their employees.

Okay, so why can't America be taken seriously now?

Comment

As it has been mentioned already, corporations have religious rights.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Someone should sue the government and claim people are corporations, therefore they can have limited responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
              As it has been mentioned already, corporations have religious rights.
              All corporations or some corporations?

Comment

Someone should sue the government and claim people are corporations, therefore they can have limited responsibility.
                We have that. It's called Welfare.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                    All corporations or some corporations?
                    Pointless question. Even "some" is completely ludicrous.

Comment

Pointless question. Even "some" is completely ludicrous.
                      Why is it "completely ludicrous" if a family that owns a business doesn't want to do things that violate their religious beliefs? Do you just hate religious people or people who own businesses? Or maybe you hate both?

Comment

Bull****.
                        Indeed? No matter how much good you think it does (and I think it's good to not have people starving on the streets), it is clear that it removes a portion of responsibility, in that people are shielded from the full impact of bad choices.

Comment

I've already resigned to the idea that America is going to be a backwards dystopic **** hole in the future and nobody who supports this kind of stuff will feel bad about it.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            I've already resigned to the idea that America is going to be a backwards dystopic **** hole in the future and nobody who supports this kind of stuff will feel bad about it.

The future is now!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

...says the recluse drug dealer.

Comment

Working...
                              X