No announcement yet.

ISIS officially approves Paradox Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What, with the scripted events? Vicky might be harder to get into than Crusader Kings, but the original CK without DV was unplayable.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

lol, what would be the use of scripted events in a game coming from EU?
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        HOI3 isn't clunky or convoluted.
        Yes it ****ing is
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

your face is convoluted
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Yes it ****ing is
            No it isn't, you clearly just suck at life.*

*Just to clarify, I'm talking about HIO3 with Semper Fi and FTM. Vanilla was obviously a horrible hunk of ****.

Comment

I actually thought this was a clever thread.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yeah Ben actually deserves some props for this. I found it interesting.

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Yes it ****ing is
                  Shut your whore mouth HOI3 ****ing owns.
                  Last edited by regexcellent; July 2, 2014, 17:43.

Comment

HoI is way too complicated. You have to schedule aircraft sorties for god sakes. You need a freaking general staff to actually play the game.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      Vicky is the worst of Paradox's games. It's the clunkiest, the buggiest, and the most convoluted.
                      I was playing Victoria 2 with all the expansions and optional content just last weekend and thought it the expansions really polished it up.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        HoI is way too complicated. You have to schedule aircraft sorties for god sakes. You need a freaking general staff to actually play the game.
                        You can automate it but the AI isn't that great. Micro managing things will get you better results by far.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

HoI
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Yeah, WWII was nowhere near that complicated. American Marines landed in Iwo Jima, Hitler surrendered, the end.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                              Yeah, WWII was nowhere near that complicated. American Marines landed in Iwo Jima, Hitler surrendered, the end.
                              HoI is too much work for a single person. A country like Germany mid-way through the war has hundreds of diverse regiments with different attributes and weapon systems and you control every single one.

It's way too much. Games need to simplify things at least a little bit.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The biggest issue with HoI IMO is the fact that the tech tree is way more complicated than it rightly needs to be. You could just have "tech for being good at tanks" for instance. This is in fact the direction HoI4 is going in.

Another thing that bugs me is the fact that paratroopers don't take strength/org/morale hits when their transports get shot down, and units load/unload from ships at seaports instantly. Paratroopers arrive with 7 days of supplies and amphibious assaults arrive with 30 days of supplies/fuel. This makes invasions way easier than they really should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X