No announcement yet.

Apolyton Wiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apolyton has had wikis in the past but they were lost/abandoned at some point. I think the current modiki at CFC started at Apolyton and then migrated (with most of the users who ran it) to CFC after technical problems.

Comment

Ok, I've transferred the wiki install to a different folder, and updated the rewrite rules so that the /index.php won't be showing up in the page urls anymore. (It's still there for edit pages and the like.)

Let me know if you spot anything weird.

Comment

categories and subcategories work in MediaWiki. Too many cases of ambiguity.)
        Ok I'll just keep plugging away at adding articles and y'all can figure out how they fit together.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I made a Civ2Unit template which pulls info from a database. Will be making one for Buildings, Wonders, Tiles ... and can do some fun design stuff with them later on. For now, just very basic tables:

To use it (for an example):

{{Civ2Unit|unit=Archers}}

Which results in:

I added the template to each civ 2 unit page:

Also will have some paired down templates for use in lists/categories.

Still some problems with the periods in the shortened names. Anyone know how to strip characters out of strings in MediaWiki? There's some regex extensions but I don't know if there's built-in functionality that will handle it or not.

Comment

There's still a lot that can be said about the units that aren't just stats ... so feel free to add to any of the pages.

Comment

You should definitely highlight the effectiveness of Spearmen against Tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                You should definitely highlight the effectiveness of Spearmen against Tanks.
                Real talk: whenever I had a powerful unit die in combat like that, I would reload the save. In all my Civ1 playthroughs, I never once continued a game without reloading a previous save when a tank/battleship (or whatever) died at the hands of phalanx.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Really? I just ragequit.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    Really? I just ragequit.
                    I did that a lot too. Though, civ wasn't quite a ragequit inducing game for me. Nintendo games and NHL95 for PC... now those games would lead to controller throwing and monitor punching.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The old rendition of the Battle Hymn of the Republic on Civ 1 is what got me hooked. Building your own castle? Cool!
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yeah, the building your own castle thing was a lot of fun.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, whatever happened to that?

Comment

It was a fun feature. So naturally, it was removed from future titles.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why is it that apolyton.net goes straight to the wiki now? Some people on this site have little interest in the Civilization series
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Some people on this site have little interest in the Civilization series
                                Why are you here then?
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X