Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep. it means woman (and wife) :/

Comment

• So you're saying that it was just as common back then as it is now?
      I'm saying that you can count on boomers quoting how they invented interracial marriage, sex and the moon landing. Despite the fact that they were responsible for none of the three.

And I love how you have to throw in the term Boomers to use as an insult.
      I don't consider Boomer an insult. You Douche.
      How is it an insult. Boomers do this all the time and they believe they invented all of these things. Interracial marriage isn't a new thing. I'm not quite sure how you derive from that argument that I'm against interracial marriage by arguing that it is not a novelty.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Can present day native Greek speakers understand ancient Greek? Is it similar to reading "old english" for a native English speaker?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Please point to a quote where I said that boomers claim to have inventing any of those things.

And if I didn't, why is it relevant?

You just wanted to insult all boomers since I am one. Nice try DOUCHE
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            Please point to a quote where I said that boomers claim to have inventing any of those things.
            He can't, just as he can't support his ridiculous assertion of a 'genocide' of white South Africans.

He's a long streaky stain on yesterday's lavatory paper.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Alexander married for political reasons.
              Which was one of the things that rah brought up as well.

You'll note the Bible saying you shouldn't marry outside your ethnic group for fear of religious 'contamination'.
              You'll also note that the Bible says this about Jews, and not Gentiles. It even argues that Jews and Gentiles are alike in Christ.

You'll also note the alarmingly high number of wives in King Solomon's life- simultaneously.
              And the bible notes too that this was not to his credit.

So the notion that marriage was limited to your narrowly circumscribed definition of it, is untrue.
              Which I believe was my argument against rah. You really need to catch up to it.

What is allowed in marriage contracts and the reason for them, changes from society to society and age to age.
              Which is why I can find the exact same definition of matrimony in 5th century Rome as today?

Marriage is a lot more interesting, varied and complicated across history and cultures than your tight-arsed notion of it.
              Still doesn't change the fact that the definition of matrimony is the same and that someone from 1st century Rome would have no problems recognizing it today. I'm making an ontological argument, here, and I suggest if you're trying to refute it that you start taking it seriously.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Can present day native Greek speakers understand ancient Greek? Is it similar to reading "old english" for a native English speaker?
                You'd have to ask Paiktis.

Comment

• You just wanted to insult all boomers since I am one. Nice try DOUCHE
                  Uh, I'm not the one who believed that interracial marriage was invented in the 20th century by boomers.

Comment

• And again, where did I say that. I said it's more common now. Do you disagree?
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I said it's more common now. Do you disagree?
                      I'm not so sure it is. How would you possibly go back and define it? 1st century in the middle east was very cosmopolitan. Probably moreso than today.

Comment

• So you'll agree that I never said we invented it?
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So you'll agree that I never said we invented it?
                          No, but Jane Fonda did.

Comment

• So if one boomer says something you can claim that all boomers believe/claim it?

Why am I not surprised.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I thought Jane Fonda was the voice of your whole generation, especially when she rode the Viet Cong artillery! Are you telling me that my boomer teachers in high school lied to me?

Comment

• God, you're such an idiot.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X