Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack's late night munchie meal. THE best fast food deal or just one of the best fast food deals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

What a douche

If you ever grow up, in a few years, I want you to read your posts and you will be embarrassed by your douchey insecurity.
    Dear Al, you were thanked by Sister Bendy and so was Felch. Really nothing I could say about you or your post's content could match that.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Sorry molly, but your thread****ting deserved to get smacked down.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        It's food, people. Just stuff it down your throats and then go do something else.
        This is for you:

This domain may be for sale!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          No you see it's chicken and rice from a third-world ****hole which makes it special.
          No, you spectacular f*cktard. It was a delicious meal, cooked home style in a convivial welcoming atmosphere. It was furthermore a cuisine I hadn't tried before, in a cafe I hadn't been in before.

More importantly, the person I was with wanted to try it, as he's adding Portuguese to his five languages.

It sounds like he went to Nando's
          No, I went to a restaurant run by people from Mozambique and Angola. The menu ranges over the Portuguese colonies.

it's just ridiculous that he's so proud of eating ~mozambican food~.
          Not Mozambican food, you moron.

Good, filling food, cooked well, in an inviting place. Friendly attentive staff and owners, who were happy to chat with someone they'd never met before for quite some time and stand me a drink.

I've already recommended it to more of my friends.

I've seen what you think is food and cooking and so understand why such concepts might well appear entirely alien to you.

What we don't understand was his compulsion to brag about it
          No you don't understand it at all.

It's 'bragging' to you because presumably the facility you're in caters only for white people who aren't allowed solid food and are forbidden to leave the grounds .

It's hardly as though African restaurants are uncommon where I live, or in the United Kingdom.

It also happened to be excellent value for money, and wasn't a chain selling processed crap, and it was genuinely welcoming.

If I were bragging about eating a particular cuisine or dining at an exclusive restaurant, it would hardly be African food here or in the equivalent of a working man's cafe, in a not particularly expensive part of East London.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            Sorry molly, but your thread****ting deserved to get smacked down.
            Well bollocks to you too then.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              I've tried fried grasshoppers, fried scorpions, cow's brains, a goat's eyeball, and all sorts of weird stuff on my travels. My philosophy is just try it and if it is good order more. If it isn't good, don't order more.
              Now you see? Brag worthy. Challenge foods.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It sounds like he went to Nando's which is a place I want to try sometime even though I know it's just another chain restaurant.
                Closest Nando's to you is Vancouver. Only Nando's in the US is Washington D.C. However, Safeway sells Nando's hot sauce.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I've tried fried grasshoppers, fried scorpions, cow's brains, a goat's eyeball, and all sorts of weird stuff on my travels. My philosophy is just try it and if it is good order more. If it isn't good, don't order more.
                  Used to be my philosophy too. Except now that I'm old, I have to watch my carbs and cholesterol.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                    Eating this stuff will cause heart disease and kill you early. I had an smoker, overweight co-worker drop dead at the age of 38 just 3 weeks ago.
                    But he went out at his physical and financial peak!
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Molly is a stereotypical urban middle class white guy who thinks he is hip or down with ethnic groups when ethnic minorities are actually eating mcdonalds. Surprised he didnt major in Postmodern African fem lit or something.

Your patronizing is irritating and frankly probably has an underlying racist root. You are awfully quick to bring up your experiences with ethnic minorities, even though they are of the patronizing outsider variety and smack of trying to compensate for something
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Wow are you finally jumping on the molly-hate bandwagon? You're a little slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Molly is a stereotypical urban middle class white guy who thinks he is hip or down with ethnic groups when ethnic minorities are actually eating mcdonalds. Surprised he didnt major in Postmodern African fem lit or something.

Your patronizing is irritating and frankly probably has an underlying racist root. You are awfully quick to bring up your experiences with ethnic minorities, even though they are of the patronizing outsider variety and smack of trying to compensate for something
                          Albert Speer I am shocKed at you. Frankly if i was your senior officer I would have you severely Punished for these slanderous remarks. The United States Marines will not tolerate your cKontinued Behavior and, to Be honest, neither will I.

Your only cKourse of acKtion now is to delete every Poast you made in this thrade and hope that The Marines do not read them Before you do.

You should Be ashamed at yourself.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

EDIT YOUR POST BEFORE THE MARINES SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              But he went out at his physical and financial peak!
                              His pictures refute the physical part and unfortunately, his wife and 2 young daughters will probably dispute the financial part in the coming years.

Comment

HI GUYS, I'M MOLLY, AND I HAD A DELICIOUS MEAL AT A RESTAURANT. I'M SURE NONE OF YOU HAVE HAD THAT BEFORE, SO LET ME TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BRAG. BUT WAIT, IT WASN'T JUST DELICIOUS, IT WAS ETHNICALLY DELICIOUS! NOT BEING FRANCHISED MAKES MY DINING EXPERIENCE BETTER THAN YOURS, AND YOU PEASANTS CAN FEEL ASHAMED OF YOUR LACK OF CULTURE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X