Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla does something great for both itself and the electric car movement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Yeah but Sunoco's pumps will give me a full charge in 5 minutes, and I only have to charge once every two weeks.
    Do you have a gas pump on your property that doesn't need manning? If you did, you can refill whenever you like and time isn't an issue.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Electric cars would be a lot more appealing to me if they didn't take all day to charge.
      Originally posted by Elok View Post
      Tesla's superchargers will purportedly give you a half-charge in half an hour.
      I have visions of half hour F1 pit-stops now.

Comment

Do you have a gas pump on your property that doesn't need manning? If you did, you can refill whenever you like and time isn't an issue.
        Uh, gas stations are far and away more convenient.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          Tesla's superchargers will purportedly give you a half-charge in half an hour.
          And the tech is fairly young at that.

I do think there are serious limitations to electric cars at current, but you have to start somewhere. I do think that Tesla's release of charging patents is genius in the sense that Tesla cars become far more of a potential purchase if you can easily find a Tesla charger. And if someone can make an charger that recharges quicker, better for Tesla.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Uh, gas stations are far and away more convenient.
            the metaphor says "Hi".

Comment

Perhaps Tesla knows that a superior competitive technology is just around the corner...

With salt water as a part of its flow cell battery, this car has a top speed of over 200 mph and has now been approved for public road use in Europe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NanoFLOWCELL-QUANT-e-Sportlimousine-0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	9101201

nanoFlowcell® flow cell and complimentary bi-ION® electrolyte technology
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's a shame it looks so ugly.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That actually wasn't the first thought that came to me.

"Batcaresque", maybe?
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I saw a Chevy Volt the other day... first one I've seen.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The technology is intriguing. And I don't think it's ugly.

I'm actually seeing Teslas semi-regularly on the expressways when I go downtown.

The Volt totally looks like a Chevy. Their design team apparently spends all its time on the Camaro and Vette, leaving no original thoughts for any other models. Which all look clunky and unrefined.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What's Tesla done for me lately?
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you were on the Chevy design team, wouldn't you?

Comment

I would damn well make sure the Volt looked cool and modern, not like a refugee from the early 80s.

Comment

GM has always treated hybrids and electrics like a red-headed stepchild, now they're behind. A redesign would require more retooling than they're willing to pay for.

Comment

Self-fulfilling prophecy of failure. You'd almost think they were in bed with Big Oil or something...

Comment

Working...
                                X