No announcement yet.

Watch_Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know if it's good when you get it.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Roger. 3+ hrs left! The Hawks are on so I'll probably stay up to play it.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

1:12

arrrrrrrrrrrgh
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's available now, why aren't you playing it

Comment

I am now

This is a fun game

It is also very graphically intense.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Never have I seen so little traffic on the streets of Chicago.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm now operating on 4-5 hrs of sleep, just so I can play it more

Bringing perps to justice via vigilantism
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This game is fun. Driving is kinda screwy. The physics aren't the greatest. But this happened!

So I hacked a traffic light and caused a huge accident. A woman who was driving got killed. Her body was in a strange pose. Obviously, she was thinking about how terrible a driver she is.

Also, forgive the resolution.

This is how I found her:

So, of course, I got in a car and rammed her burning vehicle. To my surprise, she hopped aboard my vehicle.

I decided to see if I could knock her off by crashing into things.

I crashed into a pickup truck. She stuck in the guy's window.

I drove around for a while trying to knock her off again. Eventually, I hit this white van and she fell off.

Then she sat in the road.

Her body could still be moved around. But it wouldn't ragdoll.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I found out about Watch Dogs while on my Steam account. It looks fascinating.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Jesus why are the graphics that awful?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                        Jesus why are the graphics that awful?
                        as of yet, there is no SLI support. I'm stucking running it at 2560x1600 with one 660ti. I think those are medium textures... maybe high. I turned off all AA and AO... DOF, motion blur.

If I go anywhere near an ultra setting, the fps grinds down to single digits. Something needs to be optimized. Even with the 1 card, it shouldn't get that bad.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Is it worth buying this? I don't like homosexuals or geek culture but I really liked splinter cell blacklist.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Red Dead Redemption

They need to make another goddamn open world cowboy game. **** that game was good.

Best GTA-style open world game I've ever played, but a large margin.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                              Is it worth buying this? I don't like homosexuals or geek culture but I really liked splinter cell blacklist.
                              If you generally enjoy open world games, I would recommend this.

It's not GTA. You DO get penalized (slightly) for running down peds.

The technical issues with this game are not game breaking (for me). Though, I've heard that people were having problems signing into uPlay's service (udon'tplay LOL).
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This reviewer has some accurate observations regarding the game. Though, I'm having a lot more fun playing it than he is.

While Kirk plays his way through the entire game in order to get our formal review done, I thought I'd pass the time by writing up my own impressions of Ubisoft's Watch Dogs, which I've been playing for a couple of days now.

The city is close enough to Chicago to pass muster. Though, if you've regularly driven up and down Lake Shore Drive, it's going to look different... especially that bridge on the Chicago River.

Most "random" crime missions consist of stopping an active crime, "knocking down" a "boss" enemy at a stronghold, stopping a convoy of enemies and "knocking down" the target. If you kill the target that you are supposed to knock down, you insta-fail... but start the scenario again without further consequence.

Missions are open ended. You can stealth your way through a situation. You can run and gun. You can hang back and snipe guys with a silenced weapon. However, so far, there is not a silenced rifle of any kind. You will be stuck sniping with a silenced mac10 clone... or the pistol.

Picking off enemies is a solid strategy. Once you get them all, the "danger zone" of mission insta-fail goes away. This is an actual part of the map that triggers enemy aggros if they spot you. You can exploit this by hanging just outside the zone, shooting enemies from cover, holster your weapon... and then when you become visible, the enemies won't think you were the one shooting. It's a bit silly... and feels like an exploit. Obviously, the game would be harder if you tried to stealth your way through missions. I think they intended this to be the main playthrough style. There are lots of options to distract enemies, detonate explosives they carry... even use things in the environment like bursting pipes, blowing up junction boxes. During pursuit, you can raise bridges, cause accidents at traffic lights, raise existing spike strips... basically, just press Q when it flashes on the screen.

That's one thing I do like... the police response. This isn't GTA5 where they will just randomly murder you. Escaping from cops is done better in this game than GTA5, IMO. You can sit in an alley and "hide in your car" as cops go flying by. There's a meter that goes up as they try and spot you. If you're hidden, they generally won't spot you... unless they enter a 5-10 meter range close to you. You are rewarded with XP if you evade the cops.

There's a few phases to the police response.

Phase1: a search commences... stay out of the expanding yellow box on the mini map

Phase 2: Cops are alerted to you, try to locate you.

Phase 3: Cops have your location and actively pursue.

The story is kinda... wtf. The character development is poor. The main character, for instance, is like dark and stuff... that's about all you'll ever get from him. A few story missions have annoying insta-fails if you are spotted. Replaying is fast, so you don't feel like you have to a bunch of bull**** over again.

Overall, the game seems to have less polish than GTA5.

If I could improve one thing from the game, it would be the driving. The physics feels a bit off. The collisions are satisfying. In a sturdy vehicle, you can wreck other cars in one hit. They don't insta-explode... which is good. The cars will burn for 10-15 seconds, then explode.

I like open world games, so I'm a bit biased.

Steam says I've played for 5 hours, but it didn't count the first few hours, for whatever reason. I've played for about 10 hrs. I'll refine my comments a bit more as I play more.
                                Last edited by Sava; May 28, 2014, 07:41. Reason: for content
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X