Avatar Sizes increased to 180x180

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avatar Sizes increased to 180x180

This has actually been in effect for quite a while now for most user groups. I went through and updated the few that had smaller sizes still. A couple new posters noticed it, leading to others noticing it ... so now the cat is out of the bag.

What do you think about larger avatar sizes? Great idea? End of the world?

I've uploaded a 180x180 SMAX leader set of avatars. Plan on going through past games and making leader sets where possible. They'll be better arranged than the old ones... (400+ in one monolithic group paged 10 at a time?)

If anyone is interested in helping out, or wants to come up with their own avatar set around Civilization/strategy gaming themes ... that would be great.

Comment

I physically jerk every time I see one of the large avatars. I'll leave it to you to decide if that's good or bad.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Hmmm, they almost seem small to me. Maybe it's because I'm so used to using Facebook ... where I see tons of ~500px wide selfies cluttering up every feed ...

I think it should be possible to restrict the size by theme or option, so we can probably override it to scale down to 80px again if it's a problem.

Comment

I just checked and the mobile theme does scale them down already. So it's definitely possible.

Comment

Way too big... very distracting and doesn't really look good.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's not a very nice thing to say about our new owner, Ming.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Hmmm. So far, I'm not adjusting well to being huge either. Over 100x just feels wrong. I think I'll do a recrop, in fact.

I had a look at those SMACX leaders - they're fine, really.

I think I've got sets of CivII & V avatars I made at 80x zipped up - interested, A?
                AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  That's not a very nice thing to say about our new owner, Ming.
                  HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I wasn't thinking how my post might be taken when I posted it... but after looking at again, I agree how one could see it your way

But it doesn't change my opinion. WAY TOO BIG!
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I feel better now.

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                      Hmmm. So far, I'm not adjusting well to being huge either. Over 100x just feels wrong. I think I'll do a recrop, in fact.

I had a look at those SMACX leaders - they're fine, really.

I think I've got sets of CivII & V avatars I made at 80x zipped up - interested, A?
                      I think we already have lots of Civ avatars at 80px.

They need to be arranged though ... there's 400+ in the same category, 10 per page ... just lots of mindless clicking to find anything you're looking for.

Comment

I don't think the giant avatars are anything we couldn't get used to and come to like, but nerdz don't tend to like change, and I'm with Ming on this one. Maybe cap off at 110-120x for bragging rights/competitive advantage? Really not liking the 180x, and that's someone who's made well over a thousand avatars speaking.

The ten generic pages I looked through seemed ... incredibly bland. My Civ V stuff is good, not that I'm interested in redoing bigger, but you really want to turn down sight unseen?

No pasarán

Comment

Ten at a time is bad interface design, BTW. Is there a display setting that you can change?

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                            The ten generic pages I looked through seemed ... incredibly bland. My Civ V stuff is good, not that I'm interested in redoing bigger, but you really want to turn down sight unseen?
                            I'll take whatever you offer. If it's something we don't have I'll put them up there.

Comment

About to leave for an appointment - I'll find them and post while you're asleep when I get back.

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                              X