Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

idea for poly's future that deserves its own thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is about the possibility of doing screencasts of Civ. If you'd like to discuss trolling history, the Barbarian OT is there for you.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I had stopped as per BU's polite request. Tell Ming.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Be the better man, then.

Let's get back on topic. As far as finding people to create content, my suggestions are two: start threads in each game's main forum looking for active players who'd want to participate, or seek out the Let's Players on YouTube who are already doing Civ screencasts and ask them if they'd like to broaden their audience.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Good thinking. Personal outreach can be a really powerful tool, too. Who's been into that sort of thing in the past and could use an encouragement ping?

I honestly think we could even post at other forums with an appeal - WPC is traditionally cool about cross-site promotion, and CFC has a forum for it.
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

it's my idea, so i guess i should do the legwork, huh? i'm taking the rest of the day off, though. i generally work 50+ hours a week, six days a week, and i'm a full-time single dad... so progress might be slower than i'd like, but i'm going to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Thanks self, it would be a big help.

Comment

When designing a layout, bear in mind the way it will look on the main nav bar. We can modify font size and such, but there's only so many things we can fit up there. Remember we have a fixed width style that defines the minimum width. (Mobile versions will or at least should use a drop down or list for the main categories so horizontal becomes less meaningful)

Also it's good if navigation uses game related keywords. It should naturally do so, but for example "spotlight" is inferior to "news" in every way that counts. Takes up more real estate, and is a less commonly used way to refer to the same concept.

Comment

"Screencast News and Comments"? Names are important and have power for many reasons.
                  AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                  JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                  X