No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently finished reading a historical fiction novel titled, The Son, by Philipp Meyer. Very good.

I am now reading the novel, Divergent.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Just finished Skin Game by Jim Butcher.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Plutarch's On The Fame Of Athens, An oratory delivered an Athenian celebration, missing both its beginning and its end. Noted for raising "men of action" above "men of letters".
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Reading Rober A Heinlein's The Moon's a Harsh Mistress. Sci-fi book I got as a gift from Ben.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Saint Augustine's Confessions, Book VI.

Comment

Went through Da Derga's Hostel last night; tonight, it's halfway through Gylfaginning. Both have a similar feel, in that there is a great honking list of characters to go through before getting to the meat of the matter.

Comment

Finished Gylfaginning, went on to Boccaccio's Decameron (First Day).

Comment

Hello! I am currently reading the book by Mitch Albom which is "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". I'm actually learning as I go through this book. It is very interesting and worth reading. It is a wonderful moving story which deals about the meaning of life, and life after death. When I'm done with this, Maybe I'll start with "Tuesdays with Morrie". Mr. Albom is one of the best American authors that I knew

Comment

I am reading the Shack now.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                      Reading Robert A Heinlein's The Moon's a Harsh Mistress. Sci-fi book I got as a gift from Ben.
                      A good choice. Since you seem to be interested in spiritual matters then you should pick up Heinlein's A Stranger In A Strange Land.
                      Your Humble Narrator,
                      j
                      To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Working...
                      X