Which file to edit for city spacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which file to edit for city spacing?

I bought CTP2 from GOG recently and I am finding that the AI is building cities too close together in many cases. I think there should be a variable to alter in the text file somewhere to make them build a little bit further apart. Does anyone know where it is? I tried to search before posting but I am not succeeding with apolyton's search unfortunately

Also, I recall reading another variable that you could edit to get better randomization of the enemy AIs but I can't find that post again either. I'm tired of fighting the same empires over and over lol

In case anyone else was wondering I figured this out myself by finding this webpage:
    The Modding Knowledgebase for Call To Power II/Call To Power 2 and the Apolyton Edition

Edit value "minsettledistance" in aidata\strategies.txt

By increasing this value I noticed that most of the players seemed to do a little bit better at not bunching up their cities EXCEPT ONE which started doing it even worse for some reason!???? This player was on an island by himself and started building cities only one or two tiles away from each other so that they didn't even have all of their initial 9-square area without overlap onto another city. I don't know quite what to make of that so if anyone else has any ideas on how to stop it please let me know.

Edit: Also updated my GOG edition with the Apolyton source code project so I don't know if they changed something crazy that caused this or not.

Comment

Working...
    X