Apolyton on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton on Facebook

Is there an Apolyton Facebook group anymore? Any old Apolyton pages or anything like that?

I created an Apolyton Civilization Site Facebook page yesterday and have been posting some updates about Beyond Civ there. Will probably run some advertising for it, see if we can get some new posters who are interested in Civ. It would be a big help if we can get this up to 30 likes ASAP so I can lock in the URL without the ###########...

As for why Facebook, it's very valuable for reminding casual players about the Forum and any updates we make here ... without being as obtrusive as sending out emails.

Comment

Very good move. Facebook is SO many million potential eyes to attract. I'll go give you a like.
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

-Also, god, I hate FB...

No pasarán

Comment

Does this mean the old logo is coming back?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I will be working on a "retro" theme for the old site layout, as well as some other specific-game themed ones. Probably not much will happen on that front until I can get the roof on the house here. Hopefully that will happen before rainy season (~July) and I can spend the next 3 months dry and working on websites

Anyone who's interested in being a content editor for the page on Facebook let me know.

Comment

Incidentally, the Facebook integration stuff you've installed is having birthing pains - the button at the top of the page appears to be slowing page loads a little, pops up last, which irritatingly draws the eye - and the root directory sidebar loads so badly, over top the news sidebar at first, that I've collapsed it.

This is the third site, including AC2, that I've seen this at. Eventually, it either integrates better or you just stop noticing. Very annoying in the interim.

No pasarán

Comment

I didn't notice its slowness until you mentioned it.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I liked it, but you should post this to all forums, there are only 6 likes right now.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

i've invited a bunch of people, but so far only David Floyd has accepted.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I've invited half a dozen or so Poly Facebook friends, but my invites are probably just a subset of self's, so all I'll have accomplished is irritating them. Wait, Imran's in.

Comment

Spam is a poly tradition, so hopefully it reminds them of the place

The Facebook widgets load asynchronously. So on slower connections they will lag behind the rest of the page loading. If they were blocking they would load with the rest of the page, but also slow the rest of the page. There's a way around this, but I have to modify the themes.

I'll work on the integration of the sidebar widget. I just need to wrap it in a div with the height and width already set, but I'm not sure I want it there anyways. It really needs to be 300px wide to look right, so I'll either put it in the footer or need to modify the layout of the forum to make it fit.

Comment

I have a big fan base (30k+) on another game, sadly it's not very closely related to Civ. (Dragon City) I'm sure I could get a few hundred of them to like anything. Especially if I put a Dragon City post in "other games"

Comment

What's holding you back? Pimp man, pimp.

No pasarán

Comment

I'm just worried about introducing a bunch of innocent dragon caretakers to Apolyton ...

Comment

Working...
                              X