Can't install on modern setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install on modern setup?

WTH?! Autorun.exe and/or setup.exe on the SMAC disc aren't initializing setup? This is Windows 7 x64. Had SMAC/X installed last fall. Don't have a clue why this is happening. Here's some basic system info:

Gigabyte X79-UP4
    i7 4820K@4.4Ghz
    Nvidia GTX 670
    8GB Corsair DDR3 1600

Anyone else seen this? When I click setup.exe it runs in task manager but does nothing. Ending the process gives the "did this program install correctly" prompt box. Gonna try a reboot I guess.

How about a manual install by just copying the files to a folder? That might work but i don't remember how SMAX goes? Just in its' own folder called "Alien Crossfire" or "SMAX"?
    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

This is where everything in SMAC and SMAX is put by the installer on my XP rig; it should be the same for all installs (drive letter and Program Files might be different in 7)

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Nevermind, I figured out the manual install. It's simply copying the "programs" folder from the disc to wherever you want, then the "fx", "movies", and "voices" folders into the same folder. Then for SMAX simply repeat from disc. Then patch as normal and tweak alphacentauri.ini as desired.
      Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

Have fun! Don't forget to eat, sleep, etc.
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Too true.
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Just...one...more...turn...!!!
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
            X