Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Jesus Christ Kidicious

There is no such thing as objective value. The value of an object or a service is not intrinsic to it. This has been the central assumption of modern economics since the 1870s. The value of an object is dependent only on how much of it there is and how desirable it is--in other words, supply and demand. That is why gold is expensive and air is cheap.

UTILITY is the happiness you get out of the object. This varies from person to person. People trade objects to increase their utility. They both gain utility. But the object is worth whatever was paid for it.
    WRONG.

What you pay for it is the PRICE. It's worth more than the price. They told you this in school boy. What grade did you recieve?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      WRONG.

What you pay for it is the PRICE. It's worth more than the price. They told you this in school boy. What grade did you recieve?
      They told you this in school?
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The value is the price, they're literally the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          The value is the price, they're literally the same thing.
          Fail
          lhttp:// http://www.answers.com/topic/consumer-surplus

Comment

No. If you do your own hiring you can increase your profit but at a cost.
            Clearly the increased profit is my reward for taking on that cost. Hiring people, as long as it's profitable, is a productive activity and people who engage in it are paid the value of what they produce by hiring

Comment

WRONG.

More precisely it's worth more than the price to one party in the transaction, and worth less than the price to the other party. And its market value is equal to the price.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                Clearly the increased profit is my reward for taking on that cost. Hiring people, as long as it's profitable, is a productive activity and people who engage in it are paid the value of what they produce by hiring
                Wouldn't the reward be revenue?

Comment

It's nice that Kidicious has gone from being a Maoist to a free market evangelist, but I suppose it's asking too much to actually support the right thing because he actually understands it.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition # 13. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

People often believe that the work they do is pointless because they are too stupid to understand how the work they do fits into the bigger picture.

This blindness is highly predictable, as the ability to understand why they're paid to do what they do would mean that they had the ability to do more than simply be a cog in a machine - and therefore would quickly end up doing it.
                      Last edited by KrazyHorse; March 28, 2014, 22:37.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Further, it's also highly predictable that the more complex an economy, the less people will understand where their work fits in. An agrarian economy has very few steps in the productive process; an industrial economy has more (but still very concrete) steps; a modern service economy has many steps (some of which are highly abstracted from any physical production yet which allow that production to take place more efficiently than otherwise).
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

People often believe that the work they do is pointless because they are too stupid to understand how the work they do fits into the bigger picture.
                          So encourage employee buy-in by developing a strong corporate culture with more communication and operational transparency and a means for employees to express their creative ideas.

Make them not describe themselves as 'an auditor at Ernst & Young' but as an 'Ernst & Young employee working in auditing'.

The current malaise seems more a failure of corporations in motivating a sense of employee involvement and identity than the stupidity of people.
                          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 28, 2014, 22:52.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I've only had one nonsense job: research assistant to an incompetent professor.

And I don't begrudge my CEO his salary - what he does (convincing people to invest in the company) is necessary, and I'd be **** at it.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I could do that stupid monkey's job. Con man bastards.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I couldn't do it - I can't play golf and I don't have opinions about cheese.
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X