Half in the bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half in the bag

Took my wife's father, Clemente, to the airport today with his wife and their son. All went well Aeson. After an incredibly stressful driving trip to Tag and back I'm about ready for a few drinks. Zkrib also joined us today. This is now in the past and all is well. Pa Mente, his wife and child are off to Manila to do the final paperwork for his wife and son to join him in the US. Few things bring me more joy than a Filipina making it to the US, and with her child, all the better.

Thought you might want to celebrate with me, citizens of Apolyton.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

TROLLOLLOLLLOLLL
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Why?

Comment

I thought this was about the movie review site

But yeah good news
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I thought this thread was about testicular cancer.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm glad for Pa Mente. The couple stints I had to be in the US away from Net were terrible, and he's had to go quite a bit longer than I ever did. It's good they'll be able to be together

Comment

I don't know what's "half in the bag" or why you want us to celebrate but okay

there I celebrated
              [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

Congrats, Lancer.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                  I'm glad for Pa Mente. The couple stints I had to be in the US away from Net were terrible, and he's had to go quite a bit longer than I ever did. It's good they'll be able to be together
                  Yes, I went through that as well when we were doing the paperwork to bring Dolores over. Thanks for your good wishes, and also for pulling Pa's truck out of the mud.

Thanks to all who celebrated with me!

Pa is still there doing paperwork. I hate paperwork. But! When I went through it I kissed the INS butt and got through the US part in a record 3 1/2 months. FEDEXed everything to them, told them how much I missed her...got it done. Pa is lucky, there is now an office that allows part of it to be done here on Bohol. Might cut his and his family's time in Manila, and that's a very good thing.
                  Last edited by Lancer; March 25, 2014, 05:53.

Comment

Working...
                  X