No announcement yet.

You've Been Invited to Her Place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, the best thing you could do is the opposite of what BK and Kid would do.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not getting dangerously drunk is still a good idea and saying you shouldn't advise people to make good decisions because it's blaming the victim is really counterproductive.
      Exactly. Part of being a responsible adult is not putting yourself into situations that are likely to have a poor outcome.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

sometimes I get curious, but I still don't view their posts

not even for ****s and giggles
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

the best thing you could do is the opposite of what BK and Kid would do.
          Uh, last I checked, Kid actually managed to get married. I'd take his experience with women over yours.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

It's not black and white, but pretending it is 50/50 is disingenuous. Men are generally more interested in sex, more willing to participate, stronger, and bear fewer consequences for it. In particular, the power relationship is heavily weighted towards men. As such, on balance, the concern is primarily for the woman in that relationship; and arguments of the sort that suggest it should be equal are not dissimilar to the arguments for pro-white affirmative action.

That said, I don't think anyone here would object to restating it in the opposite direction, and at least for me, the answer is the same [evaluating a third party's decision]. The issue here is that all of the regular posters here are male (or at least, all of the ones I know the gender of, and certainly the far majority). Thus, the question phrased in the first person ought to assume the decider is male.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              Also I'm with Lori, why the **** would you sleep in the same bed if you're not having sex.

I've done that many times.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Try walking around with a sign, "I'd like you to sleep with me in my bed tonight." and see how long it is before the cops come and get you.
                Such proposals are perfectly legal.
                [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

Such proposals are perfectly legal.
                  Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    It seems like you are skipping lots of steps. Do you people not believe in direct questions?

"Are we having sex?"
                    "You wanna have sex?"
                    "You wanna ride the D Train?"
                    "Have you gotten your daily supply of vitamin D?"
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

What do you want me to do, find you a youtube video of someone hitting on girls and not getting arrested because it's perfectly legal?
                      [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

Is this some sort of weird hangover from the Pilgrim Fathers that stops Americans asking "Fancy a shag?"?
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

What do you want me to do, find you a youtube video of someone hitting on girls and not getting arrested because it's perfectly legal?
                          Make the sign. Strap a camera, or get a buddy to film you and walk around in a public place with lots of people. Or get a camera and take shots.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                            It's not black and white, but pretending it is 50/50 is disingenuous. Men are generally more interested in sex, more willing to participate, stronger, and bear fewer consequences for it. In particular, the power relationship is heavily weighted towards men. As such, on balance, the concern is primarily for the woman in that relationship; and arguments of the sort that suggest it should be equal are not dissimilar to the arguments for pro-white affirmative action.
                            I don't think that's true. It's a very real concern for many men that they could get drunk and wake up having had sex, with both parties having no recollection of events, yet the male being told he is guilty of rape. Unless there is a very, very solid reason for assuming one gender receives a different interpretation of justice than the other, that's not a fair situation. I understand why we deal with it how we do, but it troubles me because it can lead to huge injustice.

For me at least it's not comparable to pro-white affirmative action, because we're talking about the justice system and the potentially catastrophic destruction of peoples lives. The question really does become "Is it ok for 0.x% of men to be unfairly convicted of rape if it helps bring down the total rape numbers?". That's a genuine problem, not something that you should just brush off as an example of male privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Uh, last I checked, Kid actually managed to get married. I'd take his experience with women over yours.
                              I'm not expecting to get a badge for giving in to terrorist demands, but thanks.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

_W/racism for added value...
                                AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                                JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                                X