Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just saw the movie, Twelve Years a Slave ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom menace anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
      Phantom menace anyone?
      That one has been deleted from my memory.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

There was a movie by that name?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          What planet are you on?

I'm not a big movie watcher but the racism angle isn't that pervasive.
          Okay it's not every movie, but I feel like lately books and movies about wars and such act compelled to at least throw a bone to the discrimination stuff.

HC is probably right, it's more a TV thing probably because they have time to waste on it.

I'm also not bothered by movies that are specifically about racism. Just when it's a sidetrack.

Phantom menace anyone?
          GET OUT

Comment

What's wrong with the Phantom Menace?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
              I still haven't seen '12 Years a Slav'... but I've read some of his posts.
              D'oh, Sparky beat me to it...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Does Excalibur count?

If not, probably Darkman.
                Wow, didn't realise he was it Excalibur - excellent movie - been ages since I saw it...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

What's wrong with the Phantom Menace?
                  Russia relates to "The Phantom Menace" in the same way as the West relates to "The Empire Strikes Back"
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I thought we supposed to be the Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                      Too bad reg is so insipid, shallow, and ignorant that he depreciates in-depth stories of the human spirit by dismissing them as PC nonsense.
                      Regs intention aside, there is a point that any topic or message in a movie should be introduced and handled internal to the story. If this is not the case it takes you out of the experience regardless of how important or otherwise relevant the message might be. A lot of it has to do with accepting that some stories are simply limited in their scope and should stay that way.

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                      And by the way, apparently some people today, still need to learn that slavery in America was bad.

Didn't Texas recently revise all school textbooks to depict American slavery as a benign or even a positive institution?
                      No, this is not post imaginative speculation you hope proves your point and assume nobody will be arsed to google for you time. If you have something specific you wish to reference do so. How the hell did you finish a degree, you were a history major right?
                      Last edited by Patroklos; March 11, 2014, 08:52.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I thought we supposed to be the Empire.
                        Russia is the Gungans, if anything. And Putin is Jar Jar.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That's harsh.

Comment

Agree. I mean the Gungans are annoying as balls. I'm not sure if they deserve being called Russian.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                              Wow, didn't realise he was it Excalibur - excellent movie - been ages since I saw it...
                              He was Gawain, if memory serves.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                                Agree. I mean the Gungans are annoying as balls. I'm not sure if they deserve being called Russian.
                                True picture of Sava revealed:

Comment

Working...
                                X