Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just saw the movie, Twelve Years a Slave ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    I can't bring myself to watch the new Robocop. They ruined Total Recall with a remake... and The Thing, Evil Dead... among others.

I'm drawing a line here. NO MORE
    Don't forget to recall the totally crap remakes of 'Get Carter' and 'The Wicker Man'. Also the original 'Assault On Precinct 13' didn't need to be remade either.

Nor 'The Vanishing'.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      Best martial arts movie I've seen in... ever? I'll go with ever.
      Raid:Redemption quite good but no individual fight scene compares to IpMan 1 v. 10 japanese soldier fight.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
        Perhaps Sava wanted a movie based on the 1st Robot War featuring Walter the Wobot as a sidekick.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
          Raid:Redemption quite good but no individual fight scene compares to IpMan 1 v. 10 japanese soldier fight.
          I don't know, man. That climactic 2-on-1 fight? Holy balls, that was metal as ****.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            I don't know, man. That climactic 2-on-1 fight? Holy balls, that was metal as ****.
            Actully I prefered the hallway knife fights over the 2 on 1. (but I admit both r' fuggin awesome) For shear jaw dropping OMFG reaction, tho' the IpMan 1 v. 10 I can watch nonstop and still have a huge martial arts orgasm everytime.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I think we can agree that there is no wrong answer here.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Did you also see The Butler, MrFun?
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

These movies are so edgy with their whole "racism is bad" thing.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

When I watched Band of Brothers, it hit me at the very end--oh my god, there was never a shoehorned-in thing about how the Army was segregated in World War II! No references to the efforts of women and minorities in the war effort! It just took a company and followed it around for its tour in Europe without getting into dumb political correct bull****. It hit me then--going out of your way to make sure everybody knows just how bad black people had it or whatever is now the cliche, and it is refreshing when they don't do that.

So, yeah, anyone else sick of the racism is bad ****? Like, as if I need to be ****ing told.

Comment

Totally. It's like, hey you were slaves for 200 years. Get over it already.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There are plenty of people who still need to be told, but the sad fact is, they are the selfsame people who will avoid hearing it and/or accepting it.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          Totally. It's like, hey you were slaves for 200 years. Get over it already.
                          It's not that it's not a message worth saying, it's that it's not a message worth saying in every single movie.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            It's not that it's not a message worth saying, it's that it's not a message worth saying in every single movie.
                            I know. Racism has been the theme of literally every movie. PC correctness BS
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

When I watched Band of Brothers, it hit me at the very end--oh my god, there was never a shoehorned-in thing about how the Army was segregated in World War II! No references to the efforts of women and minorities in the war effort! It just took a company and followed it around for its tour in Europe without getting into dumb political correct bull****. It hit me then--going out of your way to make sure everybody knows just how bad black people had it or whatever is now the cliche, and it is refreshing when they don't do that.

So, yeah, anyone else sick of the racism is bad ****? Like, as if I need to be ****ing told.
                              ... don't get me started on how annoying it is when they go out of their way to make Nazis look bad in movies ...

Comment

What planet are you on?

I'm not a big movie watcher but the racism angle isn't that pervasive.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X