No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure the Bears are going with Jordan Palmer at QB2... Not to worry! We've got the QB Whisperer...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• But he already made one washed up QB look good, just think of what he could do with one with small hands.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You can't teach glove size.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• How true!! Keep Rexy away from here.

Comment

• I heard a review of Draft Day on the radio on way home from work Saturday night. The host gave it a horrible review, mostly due to the completely unrealistic scenario around which the movie revolves. He gave details (which I won't) but he was right. Any NFL fan wouldn't believe the deals made and the time frame for them. So, if you were thinking of seeing it, pass it by.

Comment

• The movie sounds like a classic Costner sports story, which should make it perfect for cable viewing in a few months.

Back to actual football news: Draft stock on the top QB prospects -- Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, etc. -- seems to be dropping fast. Saw a mock draft today with no QBs in the top 10 and only 2 in the first round.

Comment

• The Josh Freeman saga continues...

Giants agreed to terms with QB Josh Freeman.
                Matt Flynn chose to sign with the Packers, so the Giants go with Freeman as an offseason and camp arm. As long as Eli Manning's ankle heals as expected, it's very possible Freeman won't even stick with the team into the regular season, as Curtis Painter and Ryan Nassib are already on the roster. The Giants typically carry just two quarterbacks.

Comment

• I still can't believe Eli Manning won two Super Bowls.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I still can't believe there are those that think since he won two that it makes him a better QB than his brother.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Besides Albert who thinks that? He even thinks that Vick is a starting calibre quarterback
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I wasn't referring to specific people here. That topic keeps coming up on sports radio all the time and I"m always shocked at how many people buy into that logic.
                        Of course if they're Giants fans, that would explain their lack of logic.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You listening to a lot of NY sports talk?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• If you listen to the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network, it's hard to avoid.
                            But no, not that much.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              If you listen to the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network, it's hard to avoid.
                              Well, don't do that!

I haven't listened to or watched more than 2 minutes of ESPN programming in 10 years.

errrr wait, that's a lie

I forgot about NFL Sunday pregame festivities. I usually switch between the different shows.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I enjoy how it's "Eastern Seaboard Programming Network" who goes absolutely nuts about Los Angeles sports... maybe the joking name isn't entirely accurate
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X