No announcement yet.

NFL 2014 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has been making the rounds the past week, but in case you hadn't seen it yet:

Comment

• Dear lord. So the last week is all about the NFL's inability to stop leaking info during a weeks-long investigation into why a guy would stop to take a piss. That's just fascinating.

There's got to be a whizzinator joke in there somewhere, but I'm too tired to make it.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• As mentioned earlier by somebody... The final score of the NE/Indy game was 45 to 7. Enough with "deflate-gate"
        Lets talk about the what a great game this could be instead.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• next to preseason, the super bowl is the worst NFL game of the year
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
            As mentioned earlier by somebody... The final score of the NE/Indy game was 45 to 7. Enough with "deflate-gate"
            Lets talk about the what a great game this could be instead.
            Only if you think that's the only time the Patriots did this, you know for ****s and giggles in the AFC Championship Game.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• If you want to have a hard on against NE, I'm sure you can try to make a big deal out of this. It's funny that most of the uproar is in New York, the home of the "we hate the Patriots and Belichick club". Most of the rest of the country except in Indy and a few other zealots don't really care. And as a few of the experts say, this is probably just the motivation the Pats need to really want to kick some ass on Sunday.

Frankly, I'm just tired of it all. I'd rather be talking about the game, not this.
              They beat the crap out of Indy... and as far as your insinuation that maybe they did it a bunch... nobody has yet to prove that they actually did it against Indy, let alone all the other times you "think" they might have done it.

I hate both teams and I'm still not sure who I want to see win the game... but I do know I would like to see a great game. Two of the best teams during the regular season are in the big one... I hope it lives up to the hype.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I really really want to see Seattle handle NE like they did Denver.

I'm thinking... 52-17 should suffice

i want the game to be over by half time... at maximum
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Most of the uproar is in New York?

What glue are you sniffing?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    Most of the uproar is in New York?

What glue are you sniffing?
                    Just repeating what I'm hearing on National and Local sports radio.
                    People in Chicago don't give a damn about it and aren't making a big deal about it. And from listening to the national shows, the rest of the country is kind of sick it of as well.
                    On the other hand, most of the rabid dogs on this subject have been New Yorkers... as pointed out by National hosts who are fielding the calls.

I guess the media just need a story they can beat to death...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Well, now we're through media day, so it's on to the game.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ming speaks truth.

Though, I'm not sure if I would fully agree that this is only (or primarily) a New York story. Due to the location of the Eastcoast Sports Programming Network, many national stories tend to be east coast focused.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Mostly agree but I still hear it a bit from the local talking heads.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• WSCR?

I haven't been listening much lately.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• WHA, no prop bet threads?
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I've been busy.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X