No announcement yet.

Hotels in Sochi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They haven't even built the rooms yet. The squat toilets will never be.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

So Sochi is turning out how western reporters were hoping Beijing would be like.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You'd think the Russians of all people could figure out how to build a Potemkin village

Comment

Reg, the whole point of a potemkin village is that there ain't anything there. This seems to fit the bill.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Where's the squat toilets?
            In the third world **** hole you come from. You know, the place even worse than Philly.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

For $50billion, one would hope to get more.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Someone said they paid $54 for two beers and a turkey sandwich. I'm not sure why they bought beer.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Reg, the whole point of a potemkin village is that there ain't anything there. This seems to fit the bill.
                  Try typing Sebastopol in google maps, for example, or Dnepropetrovsk, Herson, Nikolaev, if you really want to see one of those "villages" nowadays. The Crimea was nothing, but thinly populated wilderness, before the Russians took in from the Ottomans. And everything you can see there now, is Potemkin and Catherine the Great legacy. Every goddamn city. And Dnepropetrovsk is Ukraine's 4th largest city. Nice "village", my ass. Just for Americans - Ukraine is the largest country in Europe (after Denmark and Russia of course and I'm not kidding about Denmark, guess why, Gringo?).

Potemkin villages is nothing, but a historical myth (created after his death). But, since you are an American it's normal that you don't know a sh!t about real history.
                  Last edited by Serb; February 7, 2014, 10:00.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      most of the things there look pretty bad, although i am astonished that a journalist was surprised by the 'don't put toilet paper in the toilet' notice. it must be his first time in a non-first world country.
                      That reminder note was obviously for our dear American guests, since we all know how they have broken toilets in one of the Saddam's palaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        What's so funny? Missed me, Gringo?

Comment

Yes, terribly. Glad you're back

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
                              Try typing Sebastopol in google maps, for example, or Dnepropetrovsk, Herson, Nikolaev, if you really want to see one of those "villages" nowadays. The Crimea was nothing, but thinly populated wilderness, before the Russians took in from the Ottomans. And everything you can see there now, is Potemkin and Catherine the Great legacy. Every goddamn city. And Dnepropetrovsk is Ukraine's 4th largest city. Nice "village", my ass. Just for Americans - Ukraine is the largest country in Europe (after Denmark and Russia of course and I'm not kidding about Denmark, guess why, Gringo?).

Potemkin villages is nothing, but a historical myth (created after his death). But, since you are an American it's normal that you don't know a sh!t about real history.
                              None of the cities you listed exist in Russian Rails, so I'm guessing you just made them all up.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

At least you took your knowledge from board games, not comics like Collider.

Comment

Working...
                                X