2013 NFL Playoff Pick Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No... that was only your story later.
    Ask Berz, since he was the one I talked to. Why would I talk to someone who has already decided to hate me?

Did you finish the draft you agreed to play in... NO... That's called Quitting. And the reason you quit makes it even worse. You didn't get a specific player, boo hoo...
    What, did I say that to you? Where? Or are you just making up **** to conform with your prior prejudice, which we've already established was in place BEFORE Berz even said a word to me that you were short.

He also warned me that 'certain somebodies' were being *******s about it. You'd be surprised what your league buddies are willing to put up with just to keep you happy. But hey, that's them, not me.

I was told, explicitly, to try to keep the peace and to not rock the boat? Now why might that be, hrm? Because certain *******s are so bent out of shape that they need to be accommodated or they will quit and walk off and take their ball home?

Odd that, the one being accused of being a quitter isn't the one dishing out ultimatums about quitting if he doesn't get to play with his clique.

Obviously my opinion of you was correct. You are the one that acted like a baby and quit because you didn't get the player you wanted... It's clear to all who the quitter and ***hole is here.
    I stepped aside, and the league was stronger because of it. I didn't threaten to shut down the entire league if I didn't get my way.

You quitting was the relevant factor. Nobody likes to play with a proven quitter.
    But they like playing with someone willing to quit if he doesn't get what he wants? Odd that. No, Ming. They are willing to keep the peace because you're such an ******* about it. Everyone feels this way, Ming, I'm the only one willing to say so, to your face.

I never left an ultimatum saying, "if he plays, I quit". I did the honorable thing, and left when I could so that I could be adequately replaced. You were the one who chose to continue on with the grudge and use it to hinder other leagues.

And you brought it up again here, just like you have everytime.

Who do you think you're trying to convince, Ming?

Not just me... It seems I'm not alone for disliking you. Most of the people here see you for what you are.
    So who am I, Ming? Am I the guy who 'tried to bribe you'? by giving you a really nice retirement gift that was the idea from a couple of your other friends here to put together.

They understood that you were going to be an absolute ****head about it, (which you've proven, time and time again). They warned me beforehand that the gift would not be well recieved, but they also insisted that since the gift was from all of us, that everyone would have their names on it.

I was willing to give you the gift and keep my name entirely off of it, until convinced otherwise by your friends because they thought that was unfair. To me.

What does it say about your character that you would even entertain the accusation that this was 'bribery'?

You quit this one just like you quit the Fantasy league... Point proven. You are a quitter, and nobody likes to play with a quitter.
    Did I quit in FFZ fantasy football, Ming? Yes or no?

You can try to make it sound like something else, but it came down to the simple fact that you quit.
    You already stated that you hated me and opposed me joining BEFORE this whole brouhahaha. Therefore you can't argue that you 'opposed me playing', because I quit. I can, however argue that you opposed me joining because you are a prejudiced ***.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Ask Berz, since he was the one I talked to. Why would I talk to someone who has already decided to hate me?
      No need to ask... You quit the SECOND your favorite player was drafted... you then whined about not getting him.
      You can try to change the story later, but the facts are the facts.

I was told, explicitly, to try to keep the peace and to not rock the boat? Now why might that be, hrm? Because certain *******s are so bent out of shape that they need to be accommodated or they will quit and walk off and take their ball home?

Odd that, the one being accused of being a quitter isn't the one dishing out ultimatums about quitting if he doesn't get to play with his clique.
      Odd that the person who actually quit is trying to accuse somebody of being a quitter who never did.
      But continue to lie all you want. You were allowed in the league over my vote... I didn't quit because of it. You are the one that quit because you didn't get a player.

But they like playing with someone willing to quit if he doesn't get what he wants? Odd that. No, Ming. They are willing to keep the peace because you're such an ******* about it. Everyone feels this way, Ming, I'm the only one willing to say so, to your face.
      HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... again, you were let in the league over my objection, but I didn't quit. YOU DID!
      And there are plenty of people at this site who will call you a liar to your face...

I never left an ultimatum saying, "if he plays, I quit". I did the honorable thing, and left when I could so that I could be adequately replaced. You were the one who chose to continue on with the grudge and use it to hinder other leagues.
      In Ben Land... quitting = honorable Thanks for clearing that up for us.
      You didn't Leave.. you QUIT. A simple fact that all your lying and whining doesn't change.

And you brought it up again here, just like you have everytime.
      Only because you quit at something yet again... An obvious pattern on your part...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't say that, Ben. I said there were objections and then you quit and told me you were stressed out because your brother had been seriously injured.

Comment

Berz, we all know Ben Lies.
          I don't hold his lies against you.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

thanks Ming

Comment

He also warned me that 'certain somebodies' were being *******s about it. You'd be surprised what your league buddies are willing to put up with just to keep you happy. But hey, that's them, not me.

If anyone in the league had threatened to quit I wouldn't have asked you to join, the only part of that I remember being ~accurate is that I told you objections were raised so dont screw up.

edit

dont rock the boat sounds familiar, not dont screw up
              Last edited by Berzerker; February 6, 2014, 01:24.

Comment

NO! Multi-quote gets past the ignore feature! Please stop!
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I didn't say that, Ben. I said there were objections and then you quit and told me you were stressed out because your brother had been seriously injured.
                  There were objections even before I left. Thanks, Berz.

I wonder who those nameless 'objections', were, hrm?

If anyone in the league had threatened to quit I wouldn't have asked you to join
                  That's not what I heard from others, not you Berz. I had heard that there were some threats from certain "nameless somebodies" to quit over me playing in FFZ football.

dont rock the boat sounds familiar, not dont screw up
                  This was all *before*, I stepped out. Arguing that the issue was me not staying ignores that Ming had issues long before.
                  Last edited by Ben Kenobi; February 6, 2014, 17:26.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

You can try to change the story later, but the facts are the facts.
                    What facts?

1, we know that you specifically and others in the clique were opposed to me joining before I even accepted. I shared these concerns with Berz who instructed me that there was opposition and that I had to keep the peace. That to me seems like pretty strong accommodation of you and your prejudices by other people just hoping to leave all the personal crap outside and play some games.

Now, it would be nice to get some real facts as to why you were so opposed to me joining before I accepted. Care to answer that, Ming?

Odd that the person who actually quit is trying to accuse somebody of being a quitter who never did.
                    I didn't make threats to quit over someone else playing. You did.

You were allowed in the league over my vote... I didn't quit because of it.
                    So why did you vote in opposition? Care to share, Ming? This was before I left.

And there are plenty of people at this site who will call you a liar to your face...
                    Once again, same Clique, different day. Why should I be surprised?

In Ben Land... quitting = honorable
                    Leaving so that you could fill the spot with someone who was a good player? Yeah, I got no qualms about that. The league was stronger for it. I've never heard you call out people for quitting on their teams when they are leaving. Not once. The difference between them and me, is that with me, you still had a damn good team that fought through to the end. How exactly was the league hurt by it?

I just don't understand why this someone else wasn't asked BEFORE me. I made my desires not to play pretty clear.

Only because you quit at something yet again... An obvious pattern on your part...
                    Ahh, so Ming makes the bull**** train continue to roll. Thanks for that Ming. At least people know now that you threatened to quit if I played.

Comment

There were objections even before I left. Thanks, Berz.

That's not what I heard from others, not you Berz. I had heard that there were some threats from certain "nameless somebodies" to quit over me playing in FFZ football.

This was all *before*, I stepped out. Arguing that the issue was me not staying ignores that Ming had issues long before.
                      Ming may have had issues but he was giving you a chance anyway, then you quit. I understand real life sadly got in the way but you should have explained the situation rather than getting mad because somebody took Halladay. You shouldn't be surprised people were less than thrilled.

we know that you specifically and others in the clique were opposed to me joining before I even accepted. I shared these concerns with Berz who instructed me that there was opposition and that I had to keep the peace. That to me seems like pretty strong accommodation of you and your prejudices by other people just hoping to leave all the personal crap outside and play some games.
                      I was trying to let you know you were on probation, so to speak. I didn't have to accommodate anyone, nobody said they wouldn't play if you joined.

Leaving so that you could fill the spot with someone who was a good player? Yeah, I got no qualms about that.
                      The fact we delayed the draft and found someone to take your spot doesn't matter, the critics were right to be mad at both of us.

Comment

Now having said that, aside from the ww incident (?) at the end of your 1st year football (?) you've been a good fantasy player. When I began I hounded poor Imran into quitting with my bickering over settings instead of watching people and learning - there were probably a few people who'd vote me off the island. There's a learning curve and you were learning you dont quit once you commit. Other people are depending on us, yours was a cardinal sin

Comment

What facts?

1, we know that you specifically and others in the clique were opposed to me joining before I even accepted. I shared these concerns with Berz who instructed me that there was opposition and that I had to keep the peace. That to me seems like pretty strong accommodation of you and your prejudices by other people just hoping to leave all the personal crap outside and play some games.
                          Yep, I don't like you... Never claimed otherwise. But once again, while I didn't really want to play with you... I DID. You were the one that quit.

Now, it would be nice to get some real facts as to why you were so opposed to me joining before I accepted. Care to answer that, Ming?
                          Once again, I don't like you. And I think there are many people here that feel exactly the same way for the same reasons. You are a liar, and you hide your bigotry behind your religious beliefs. And let's not forget your intellectual dishonesty.

I didn't make threats to quit over someone else playing. You did.
                          Well, the first person you attributed this supposed fact to denied it you liar. Now you claim, OH, IT WAS SOMEBODY ELSE... BS!
                          The facts are simple here. I didn't quit when you joined the baseball league... You did quit the league. Those are actual FACTS!

Leaving so that you could fill the spot with someone who was a good player? Yeah, I got no qualms about that. The league was stronger for it. I've never heard you call out people for quitting on their teams when they are leaving. Not once. The difference between them and me, is that with me, you still had a damn good team that fought through to the end. How exactly was the league hurt by it?
                          I don't like quitters, and I've stated that many times. So once again, you are lying.
                          And as Berz pointed out, the draft was delayed because of YOU. We were lucky to find somebody else so we could actually finish what we started, no thanks to you.

I just don't understand why this someone else wasn't asked BEFORE me. I made my desires not to play pretty clear.
                          But you played any way, and then quit! Not very honorable.

Ahh, so Ming makes the bull**** train continue to roll. Thanks for that Ming. At least people know now that you threatened to quit if I played.
                          Ahh, so BK makes the bull**** train continue to roll. Thanks for the BK. At least people know now that you lied about what berz said, and that you are indeed a quitter. Because that is one fact that all your BS can't change. You joined a league and then quit the minute the player you wanted was drafted by somebody else. You can start throwing up your typical smoke screen about your brother, but the reality is, you quit. And that's a FACT!
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

How does Ben think his opinion is consesus opinion on a shared understanding of the facts? Has he ever had that? Ever? Update your Bayes
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

while I didn't really want to play with you... I DID
                              accommodation

Comment

Bumped for historical accuracy. Because I don't appreciate liars.

Standings after two weeks:
                                Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                Standings after Divisional Week
                                Berz (2-2) + (4-0) = 6-2
                                Slowwy (2-2) + (4-0) = 6-2
                                Kenobi - (4-0) + (1-3) = 5-3
                                Ming (3-1) + (2-2) = 5-3
                                JRabbit (2-2) + (3-1) = 5-3
                                rah (2-2) + (3-1) = 5-3

Albie (2-2) + (3-1) = 5-3
                                Tuberski (0-4) + (DNP) = 0-4
                                Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                Final Standings after Super Bowl
                                1. Ming (3-1) + (2-2) = 5-3 + (2-0) = 7-3 + (Seattle, 2) = 9 pts (wins tiebreaker)
                                2. rah (2-2) + (3-1) = 5-3 + (2-0) = 7-3 + (Seattle, 2) = 9 pts
                                2. Jrabbit (2-2) + (3-1) = 5-3 + (2-0) = 7-3 + (Seattle, 2) = 9 pts
                                4. Slowwy (2-2) + (4-0) = 6-2 + (2-0) = 8-2 + (Denver, 0) = 8 pts
                                4. Albie (2-2) + (3-1) = 5-3 + (1-1) = 6-4 + (Seattle, 2) = 8 pts
                                6. Berz (2-2) + (4-0) = 6-2 + (0-2) = 6-4 + (Denver, 0) = 6 pts
                                7. Kenobi - (4-0) + (1-3) = 5-3 + (DNP) = 5-3 + (DNP, 0) = 5 pts
                                8. Donegeal (DNP) + (DNP) + (2-0) = 2-0 + (Denver, 0) = 2 pts
                                9. Tuberski (0-4) + (DNP) = 0-4 + (DNP) = 0-4 + (DNP, 0) = 0 pts
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X