• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming View Post

GOT IT!
    I missed it. Could you repeat?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• GOT IT

He keeps trying to make himself out as some kind of victim... when in reality, he's a quitter, and the real victims were the people he quit on.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He keeps trying to make himself out as some kind of victim... when in reality, he's a quitter, and the real victims were the people he quit on.
        I'm not the one obsessed about a baseball league from years ago. You are. Hey, I'm happy to let bygones be bygones, but for whatever reason, you've decided that this is a hill worth dying over. Normal people do not do this, Ming.

I'm only returning what you're sending over. Stop smearing me and it all goes away. Real Simple, Ming.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• First... you posted that you didn't get a fair position... claiming new people should haven't to draft that late in the round... and then you posted you quit because you didn't get the player you wanted. It wasn't till much later after all the crap you received that this second "story" became your excuse.
          Right. You're accusing me of lying to Berz? You're calling Berz a liar here?

I made it clear to Berz, what was going on because I trusted him. I asked him then to make it clear in private what was going on. I see that my wishes then were not respected. ODD THAT. It's almost like I was set up, but nah. Couldn't possibly be that haters gonna hate.

Why is this one case so special to deserve booting me out of a different league the following fall? I don't understand. That fact that you don't understand sums it all up. YOU QUIT.
          Have you guys done that to anyone else?

FFZ didn't allow quitters in leagues.
          Show me an example of another player who was treated this way.

Nobody treated you any different than other quitters.
          People quit all the time in FFZ leagues. Why do you think you have such trouble every year finding players? Every year there was always somebody who decided it wasn't worth the time to keep playing.

Give me some names, and dates Ming. You claim this was policy. I'm gonna call BULL****.

Please point out somebody else that quit a league due to supposed family reasons and was excused... OH, that's right. You can't.
          Me. I was expelled from not just that league, but all the leagues.

Gimme some names, Ming of someone else who was shat on this way by you. OH WAIT YOU CAN'T. BECAUSE BEING AN ******* ISN'T FFZ POLICY. It's just Ming being a giant raging Dick.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Nobody wanted you out, you're trying to make it sound like people were itching to get rid of you - they just agreed to play with you!
            You guys were desperate. That's at least what you communicated to me. I got the impression then as now that you weren't really enthused. It's like being a cheerleader and not getting your first or second choice to prom. So you grovel down and try to invite the leftover spare. Hey, I've been there. I actually had a lot of fun at senior prom after I got to take a hot underclassman and my first choice when my steady realized that I was gonna go to prom with or without her. Worked out. Underclassman got to hang out at the party with an 'official' date and I had a date for the afterparty. Good times.

The difference between you and that underclassman girl is that she understood that I was going out of my way to do her a favor. She was very kind to me. If she was you, she would have made me wait outside for hours, she would have insisted on a super expensive corsage and to rent a car. She would have gotten to the prom and then insisted that she didn't want to be seen with me, and ditched me for her friends. Then she would have spent the next few years telling everyone she came into contact with that I was the worst date ever, and accused me of groping her or maybe rape.

You guys are the worst ****ing date ever. Seriously. FFS. You're a giant disaster of a league and everybody's worst nightmare.

I'm not really sure why you folks responded the way you did to a player who was more than happy to play every year in fantasy football. It actually worked out well for you guys. You weren't screwed over, and you found a new player who actually contributed to the baseball league.

So who's the loser here? I made the right choice for all involved here and you guys are still butthurt about it. Man, life moves on Berz. I personally don't see the whole ****storm as worth a ****nugget.

you never told me to offer your explanation to the league.
            Well, I'm pretty sure I did. I trusted you to convey the reason for it to the league.

you needed to apologize and explain yourself - expecting me to do it while you walk away aint kosher either.
            Why ain't it kosher? You got me involved. Your responsibility to explain it to the rest of the league - especially after you asked me three times. Referrer generally has to answer for things if it doesn't work out, I know that's how it works for the folks I refer.

That's why I explained it to you. Now, I should have made this more clear, since it's clear now that you and I weren't operating on the same track. Fair enough. I'm not gonna apologize since y'all treated me like ****. Now if there's an opportunity to truly put this past, sure, but not if it's unilateral. Y'all have been right *******s to me for years.

Call out Ming for his behavior. Just once, Berz. I know I'm not ever gonna see it but y'all seem to believe that it's normal to dump **** on former players. Hell, I've played in other leagues and not received an ounce of this ****storm here. What is so special about Ming's behavior as to warrant this?
            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; April 22, 2014, 05:40.

Comment

• cut me to the quick with your self-serving interpretation.
              Compare what I said there with what you've said about me.

That was before you went on a crusade, I have a different opinion these days.

Difference between you and me is crystal clear. I was willing to work beyond our difference of opinion. You were not. You chose to resign and now you're accusing me of forcing you out.

You don't get to have your cake and eat it to. Which was it, JR? You say you quit because of me. You say your decision had nothing to do with me. Which is it, JR?

Comment

• Perhaps the word "primarily" was poorly chosen, but you were a significant part of the reasons I resigned.

Post #124
                Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Ben, your "memory" of my departure as commish is totally at odds with historical facts.
                No one ever suggested that I leave. I was not "removed" and there was no "vote."
                I decided to leave unilaterally and recruited EPW to take over as commish.

Unlike the lost documentation of your quitting FFZ baseball, the relevant Poly threads are easily accessible for all to see.
                The year was 2011; the league was Poly IDP.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Right. You're accusing me of lying to Berz? You're calling Berz a liar here?
                  Not calling anybody a liar... just reviewing the facts... you whined about your draft position and then quit THE MINUTE your player was taken by somebody else.
                  Those are facts.
                  One might wonder that if you were having such personal issues that you even bothered to whine and then quit right after your player was taken and not before...
                  But whatever "story" you want to tell...

It's almost like I was set up, but nah. Couldn't possibly be that haters gonna hate.
                  Paranoid? Hey, you are the one that quit. We didn't throw you out of that league... you quit. NO HATE there.
                  And once you did QUIT, you weren't welcome anymore.

Have you guys done that to anyone else?
                  We have no problems with people that don't sign up to play another year... we have do have problems with people that quit in the middle of a draft.

Show me an example of another player who was treated this way.
                  You were the only person who ever screwed everybody by quitting in the middle of a draft.

People quit all the time in FFZ leagues. Why do you think you have such trouble every year finding players? Every year there was always somebody who decided it wasn't worth the time to keep playing.
                  Yep... they decide they don't want to play anymore, they don't QUIT. They don't make a commitment than bail when things don't go their way. Like you did.

Give me some names, and dates Ming. You claim this was policy. I'm gonna call BULL****.
                  Nobody wants to play with a quitter. You made the commitment and then bailed. You were the one that pulled the "Bull****"

Me. I was expelled from not just that league, but all the leagues.
                  Uhhhh... we really coudn't expel you from that league, BECAUSE YOU HAD ALREADY QUIT.
                  Nobody could trust you wouldn't quit again in any other fantasy league because you didn't like your pick.

Gimme some names, Ming of someone else who was shat on this way by you. OH WAIT YOU CAN'T. BECAUSE BEING AN ******* ISN'T FFZ POLICY. It's just Ming being a giant raging Dick.
                  You are the one that made a commitment and then quit in the middle of the draft... so who's really the giant raging dick.

But keep trying to make it out like you are the victim... and not the people you screwed when you quit after making a commitment.

I don't think anybody here is buying your lame sob story how you are the victim.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Blah blah blah...
                    I guess he doesn't want to go out on a date with me

I'm not really sure why you folks responded the way you did to a player who was more than happy to play every year in fantasy football. It actually
                    worked out well for you guys. You weren't screwed over, and you found a new player who actually contributed to the baseball league.
                    We were LUCKY to find somebody else... if we hadn't, we would have been totally ****ed thanks to you.
                    The fact that we did find somebody doesn't change the fact that you screwed us.
                    For that, nobody could trust you in fantasy leagues after that. You can point to the times you didn't quit, and we can point to the time you did.

So who's the loser here? I made the right choice for all involved here and you guys are still butthurt about it. Man, life moves on Berz. I personally don't see the whole ****storm as worth a ****nugget.
                    You made the right choice for yourself... not all involved.
                    Maybe you should take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to blame everybody else.

Call out Ming for his behavior. Just once, Berz. I know I'm not ever gonna see it but y'all seem to believe that it's normal to dump **** on former players. Hell, I've played in other leagues and not received an ounce of this ****storm here. What is so special about Ming's behavior as to warrant this?

Gee.. I'm not the one that quit and screwed everybody.... you are the one that did that.
                    And maybe if you quit here, you would see a similar reaction.

But hey... you are the quitter. Not me.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

GOT IT

He keeps trying to make himself out as some kind of victim... when in reality, he's a quitter, and the real victims were the people he quit on.
                      I think the real victims are the children who are subjected to him on a daily basis.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• True enough.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• OMG that smiley
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

And maybe if you quit here, you would see a similar reaction.
                            You guys cheered when he quit? That's not what I get from the argument...

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• yeah, that logic didn't quite follow.

But we get the intent.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You guys were desperate. That's at least what you communicated to me.
                                So why do you keep acting like you did us a favor by quitting? We were depending on you.

It's like being a cheerleader and not getting your first or second choice to prom. So you grovel down and try to invite the leftover spare. Hey, I've been there. I actually had a lot of fun at senior prom after I got to take a hot underclassman and my first choice when my steady realized that I was gonna go to prom with or without her. Worked out. Underclassman got to hang out at the party with an 'official' date and I had a date for the afterparty. Good times.

The difference between you and that underclassman girl is that she understood that I was going out of my way to do her a favor. She was very kind to me. If she was you, she would have made me wait outside for hours, she would have insisted on a super expensive corsage and to rent a car. She would have gotten to the prom and then insisted that she didn't want to be seen with me, and ditched me for her friends. Then she would have spent the next few years telling everyone she came into contact with that I was the worst date ever, and accused me of groping her or maybe rape.

You guys are the worst ****ing date ever. Seriously. FFS. You're a giant disaster of a league and everybody's worst nightmare.
                                You didn't show up for the prom because Roy Halladay went with someone else

It actually worked out well for you guys. You weren't screwed over, and you found a new player who actually contributed to the baseball league.
                                You're so thoughtful

Man, life moves on Berz. I personally don't see the whole ****storm as worth a ****nugget.
                                Then why do you keep dragging me into this? I sure dont appreciate it. I gotta read this stuff because you're in the habit of speaking for me. You said I called my friends aholes, or that they were being aholes, and now you've said I warned you to keep your head down as if the people who just agreed to play with you really wanted an excuse to kick you out. I did not tell you anything of the sort, I told you dont rock the boat or dont make waves. It was polite advice, dont make me regret asking you to join.

Well, I'm pretty sure I did. I trusted you to convey the reason for it to the league.
                                You conveyed your reason for quitting, you didn't get Roy Halladay. Would you have quit if you got him? If so, what would you have told the league? Thats what you should have told the league, not have a fit about Roy Halladay. I dont think you instructed me to tell the league why you quit, I remember having to decide if and how much to tell people and you just disappeared. You left me hanging on that too and now you're blaming me for not reading your mind. I suppose its also my fault you got booted from other leagues since you expected me to smooth things over with everyone.

Why ain't it kosher? You got me involved. Your responsibility to explain it to the rest of the league - especially after you asked me three times. Referrer generally has to answer for things if it doesn't work out, I know that's how it works for the folks I refer.
                                Ever have to apologize for someone who didn't really want to apologize? You didn't ask me to apologize for you, but I think I did apologize for inviting you. If I didn't I should have. You were getting a chance at redemption and you slammed the door and you've been complaining ever since because it wont open again. At least you still got Poly, you've been playing here for a few years.

Ming didn't make you quit and he hasn't quit any leagues for not getting a player... Ming has been a big reason we even have leagues.

Poly and FFZ had some overlap but most of the people here didn't see you take your ball and go home.

Now please leave me out of this, Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X