Mitt Romney charged for racketeering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    MSNBC thinks its funny that Romney has an adopted Black grandson.
    It won't be as funny when it turns out he has also bought a cotton plantation.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      Nor interesting. I took three tries to get through the paragraph of specific alleged misdeeds. Now regret the time spent.
      Odd, I had no trouble whatsoever. While the suit is civil the allegations are criminal. It's not inconceivable that criminal charges could follow.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
        Is it called "charged" when its a civil suit?
        See Chevron vs.Donziger
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          MrFun assumes that every claim brought forward against Evil Big Business by a plaintiffs lawyer is legit, because lawsuits are never frivolous. They are heroically shifting money from people who produce things of value to people too stupid to avoid dumping extremely hot coffee on their dicks.
          I hadn't realized that she was a dickgirl.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            And Republicans keep posting as if they never lost the presidential election.
            If we had won the election, we would have dropped Obama like the hot potato he wasn't, like we did with Gore. You, OTOH, continue to pin every bad thing on Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
              Odd, I had no trouble whatsoever. While the suit is civil the allegations are criminal. It's not inconceivable that criminal charges could follow.
              It's a matter of givesadamn, not legal complexity. I got a few words in, several times, before my brain told me it didn't care enough to continue parsing and started thinking about something else.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                I hadn't realized that she was a dickgirl.
                I didn't realize McDonald's Coffee Moron was female.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Yes, I noticed.

Comment

MrFun assumes that every claim brought forward against Evil Big Business by a plaintiffs lawyer is legit, because lawsuits are never frivolous. They are heroically shifting money from people who produce things of value to people too stupid to avoid dumping extremely hot coffee on their dicks.
                    Yes, McDonald's is a heroic Job Creator valiantly creating value by serving coffee at unnecessarily high temperatures in spite of hundreds of previous complaints about customers getting burned by their coffee.

Comment

If you like I can provide dozens of other examples, if you insist that that one isn't frivolous.

Comment

I didn't realize McDonald's Coffee Moron was female.
                        She was a 79 year old woman.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Not particularly relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
                            Yes, McDonald's is a heroic Job Creator valiantly creating value by serving coffee at unnecessarily high temperatures in spite of hundreds of previous complaints about customers getting burned by their coffee.
                            And actually acknowledging the too high temperatures internally, but thinking that just paying settlements would be cheaper than actually making coffee that tasted good at normal coffee temps.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Not particularly relevant.
                              It is. Poor grannies will always win a lawsuit.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              And actually acknowledging the too high temperatures internally, but thinking that just paying settlements would be cheaper than actually making coffee that tasted good at normal coffee temps.
                              Yeah it's a regular Ford Pinto situation

The real reason why the coffee was so hot is because people would be complaining about cold coffee when they drink it several minutes after buying. You've never worked in fast food, clearly, and had so many people come back with coffee or french fries (fries all the time!) 20 minutes later complaining that it's cold. It was hot when you bought it!
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

McD's internal research showed that the vast majority of people drink the coffee immediately after purchase. So sorry, that won't fly.

The main reason Liebeck won punitive damages (which, remember are meant to punish, not for restitution) is because McD's hid and lied about a ton of stuff (so the jury decided to fine McD's for 2 days worth of sales of coffee - which turned out to be $2.7mil, of course it was dramatically reduced on appeal).
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X