No announcement yet.

2014 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool - Now under New Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, never mind. Wasn't paying attention.
    If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Bad deal.

James Avery of TV’s The Fresh Prince of Bel Air died on New Year’s Eve, CNN has confirmed. The veteran actor was 65.
      Avery’s TV son, Alfonso Ribeiro (aka the Fresh Prince’s cousin Carlton), announced the sad news on Twitter this morning:
      I'm deeply saddened to say that James Avery has passed away. He was a second father to me. I will miss him greatly. http://t.co/UrW0EeBFbO—
      Alfonso Ribeiro (@alfonso_ribeiro) January 01, 2014
      A 2013er.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I ought to have everything finished by the 7th; unfortunately this is taking longer than I anticipated.

Comment

I'm wishing the news about Sharon had come a few days earlier. Looks like he's about to kick it.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            I'm wishing the news about Sharon had come a few days earlier. Looks like he's about to kick it.
            I've had him past 2 years on my list, but somehow I forgot about him this year
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I had him on my list pretty much every year until last year, because he refused to die. Of course now he's about to kick it.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It's absurd that they have bothered to keep him on life support for so long. Yes, he was a great prime minister and brilliant general. He's also been a vegetable for 8 years. Time to move on.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  I had him on my list pretty much every year until last year, because he refused to die. Of course now he's about to kick it.
                  what is dead may never die
                  but rises again harder and stronger
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Zombie Sharon? Wow. Now there's an interesting thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      Zombie Sharon? Wow. Now there's an interesting thought.
                      He could still eat brains, but they'd have to be kosher.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Bye-Bye Love, Phil Everly is dead -

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/singer-p...t-74-1.2483880

Singer Phil Everly, of the Everly Brothers, dies at 74

Phil Everly, who with his brother Don formed an influential harmony duo that touched the hearts and sparked the imaginations of rock `n' roll singers for decades, including the Beatles and Bob Dylan, died Friday. He was 74.

Everly died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease at a Burbank hospital, said his son Jason Everly.

Phil and Don Everly helped draw the blueprint of rock `n' roll in the late 1950s and 1960s with a high harmony that captured the yearning and angst of a nation of teenage baby boomers looking for a way to express themselves beyond the simple platitudes of the pop music of the day.

The Beatles, early in their career, once referred to themselves as "the English Everly Brothers." And Bob Dylan once said, "We owe these guys everything. They started it all."

The Everlys' hit records included the then-titillating Wake Up Little Susie and the universally identifiable Bye Bye Love, each featuring their twined voices with lyrics that mirrored the fatalism of country music and a rocking backbeat that more upbeat pop. These sounds and ideas would be warped by their devotees into a new kind of music that would ricochet around the world.

In all, their career spanned five decades, although they performed separately from 1973 to 1983. In their heyday between 1957 and 1962, they had 19 top 40 hits...
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                          He could still eat brains, but they'd have to be kosher.
                          They couldn't be kosher. The animal has to have a cleft hoof and chew its cud. Humans don't qualify for either.

Comment

If the animal is one of the Kosher animals and was killed Kosher, then yes, it's brains are Kosher. He could eat the brains of Kosher people.

Comment

I'll give $5 to anyone that will go and hold a pillow over Zsa Zsa's face. Anyone?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                I'll give $5 to anyone that will go and hold a pillow over Zsa Zsa's face. Anyone?
                                While that would be a mercy to the poor girl at this point, it's still against Poly dead pool rules.

I'll try to have the first post updated this evening but it might not be done, this is taking more time than I expected. I've got the unique picks sorted out and everything but totalling up the scores isn't possible until Wezil does his end in the other thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X