Booze sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
    As with everything the key word is moderation no ?
    Yes.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
      Reg, **** booze. I'm Russian and I don't drink.
      Some Russian you are.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't think he's truly Russian, which begs a question. WHO and from WHERE would rather claim to be Russian? A question for the ages.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Do you think I am another one of Kuci's brothers, the only one who's not a far-rightist?
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I'm just teasing you, Onodera.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
              How do you even get to 21 without having been blind drunk a few times anyway? Isn't that pretty much an essential element in growing up?
              No.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Consider the source.

Comment

Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
                  Staged scenes in nature documentaries
                  Learn to google better, otherwise I'll have to start calling you Ben after all...

Animals simply love to get high too: http://www.australiangeographic.com....-their-fix.htm
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Vervet monkeys on the Caribbean island of St Kitts have a long history with alcohol. They once devoured fermented sugar cane grown by the rum industry, but now they're known for cheekily scavenging cocktails from tourists along the beaches. Studies of their behaviour have found the monkeys' drinking habits are similar to those of people. Most drink in moderation, but around 12 per cent drink heavily, five per cent drink excessively, and a small group reject alcohol altogether. Juvenile monkeys also tend to drink more than adults.
                    See, there's even RegMonkeys...

Comment

Best one yet:

4. Reindeer and magic mushrooms

Reindeer in eastern Europe deliberately forage for, and have been known to fight over, the hallucinogenic and highly toxic Amanita muscaria mushroom. "[The reindeer] have a desire to experience altered states of consciousness," wrote scientist Andrew Haynes in the Pharmaceutical Journal. The bright red mushrooms are considered poisonous and can cause dizziness in humans, so to avoid any nasty side effects, Siberian natives would get high by feeding the fungi to the reindeer, then drinking the animal's urine.
                      I'm imagining a Siberian Felch running around and getting high on reindeer piss...

Comment

You wonder who the first man was who thought up this idea...
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Clearly Siberian Felch!

Comment

if you can get by without booze - good for you - although many people I know who didn't like the taste end up real soaks.
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                              I drink something like five drinks each week, if that even.
                              Much more than me, that's for sure.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                                if you can get by without booze - good for you - although many people I know who didn't like the taste end up real soaks.
                                I think it's a case of experimentation and the fact that he hasn't come across something he's liked yet.

Maybe his tastebuds are still immature, for example?

When I was young I didn't like beer and the like. I think I start on sweet things and distinctly remember a Malibu and Coke phase... After that I gravitated onto the 'hard stuff' like Southern Comfort, mainly because my mum's boyfriend drank it.

Also it's a definite case of quality: I refused to drink whiskey for the longest time because the first time I tried it I had Johnny Walker Red

Good drink is like good food - next Reg will be saying he's a boring meat and 2 veg kind of guy - or some kind of bollocks like 'food is fuel'...
                                Last edited by MOBIUS; December 3, 2013, 09:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X