Booze sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    Hell, just buy this and enter a whole new world of cheap convenience. With the cost of boil in bag vs. PROPER RICE it will pay for itself inside of six weeks.
    That was the single best purchase I ever made when I first moved out on my own. Plus the rice goes with just about anything even while it is dirt cheap; It's perfect for a starving college student. My other great purchase was a crockpot/slow cooker as you could just put the ingredients in it, flip it on, and come home to a tasty meal. Every young person starting out on their own should have those two things.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      They don't really care. That's pretty obvious. They're just doing the standard Poly tradition, making fun of him.
      Nuh-uh. Homie don't don't play dat. I think he can do better and I'm willing to provide a push in the right direction.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        That was the single best purchase I ever made when I first moved out on my own. Plus the rice goes with just about anything even while it is dirt cheap; It's perfect for a starving college student. My other great purchase was a crockpot/slow cooker as you could just put the ingredients in it, flip it on, and come home to a tasty meal. Every young person starting out on their own should have those two things.
        Why not cook the rice in a normal pan? It takes 5 min with normal rice and 15 with the rice bags. And cost you nothing extra.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Nuh-uh. Homie don't don't play dat. I think he can do better and I'm willing to provide a push in the right direction.
          And it's equally obvious that he doesn't want to be pushed in the right direction.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            For christ's sake the boil in bag rice was $2, you're barking up the wrong tree.
            Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            $2 for $0.25 worth of rice.
            Just go to any Asian market and you can buy a 20lb bag of high quality rice for $10-$15. Do the the math and you'll see TMM is right. Plus the 20lb bag will last for at least a year if not longer. Heck, they even sell the 20lb bags of rice at
            Costco these days and it forms a nice base for any meal, you don't have to do anything other than put it in the rice cooker, and it goes with just about anything. It's perfect for your needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
              Why not cook the rice in a normal pan? It takes 5 min with normal rice and 15 with the rice bags. And cost you nothing extra.
              You can get a cheap rice cooker for $20 and it will never burn it, you just flip it on, and walk away. It will even keep it warm so a college student can run off to class and have it warm and waiting for him when he gets home. Throw a cheap stir fry on top of it or some pot roast or dozens of other things and it all tastes good. I find students are busy people with classes, home work, and work so anything which adds convenience is nice especially when that cheap $20 rice cooker will last a decade.

Comment

• I'm a crock pot fan.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  I'm a crock pot fan.
                  I knew Sloww had some redeeming features.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    And it's equally obvious that he doesn't want to be pushed in the right direction.
                    He's free to ignore my advice. I haven't offered anything here that I didn't mean in ernest. I have an Aroma rice cooker, I know how good they are, and the one I selected appears to be the next iteration of the one I have.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      Just go to any Asian market and you can buy a 20lb bag of high quality rice for $10-$15. Do the the math and you'll see TMM is right. Plus the 20lb bag will last for at least a year if not longer. Heck, they even sell the 20lb bags of rice at
                      Costco these days and it forms a nice base for any meal, you don't have to do anything other than put it in the rice cooker, and it goes with just about anything. It's perfect for your needs.

I wouldn't worry about such a small expense either. We aren't all destitute you know.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I am.

If anyone wants to make a donation, PM me for address info.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Plus - Who the hell wants a 20lb bag of rice hanging around?
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            I wouldn't worry about such a small expense either. We aren't all destitute you know.
                            We're talking to a guy who has repeatedly said he is on a limited budget so I am attempting to tailor my advice to him based upon his financial needs.

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            Plus - Who the hell wants a 20lb bag of rice hanging around?
                            I just stick it in the pantry as this is something I have done since I first moved out on my own oh so long ago. I like rice so it works well.

Comment

• He claims the expense isn't a problem. You should listen to him if you want to advise.

Comment

• In other threads he has repeatedly said his weekly grocery bill is like $20 or less plus he's said many of his meals are $1.50 or less so I took that to mean that is the price point he is looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X