Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is sensitivity to other people's antisocial behaviour a sign of old age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is sensitivity to other people's antisocial behaviour a sign of old age?

I don't have a lot of issues with my fitness (in the sense it isn't worse than it used to be), I can't spot any wrinkles and I also think I'm still suitably egocentric, but of the late I've found myself worrying about how boorish and selfish people can be nowadays. I've even taken to complaining about it. Is this a sign of old age? If so, what can I do about it?
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Grow younger instead of older

Comment

Eat more prunes.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Eat more puppies.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It means you're not as self-absorbed as you once were. Call it maturing. You likely used to be like DaShi.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I thought we were friends.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Well, we are. I have younger friends that are still "work in process", just like you.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                It means you're not as self-absorbed as you once were. Call it maturing. You likely used to be like DaShi.
                It's not that I didn't use to notice, but that I didn't use to worry about it.

I'm considering wearing hoodies again when it isn't raining to see if it helps to reverse the process.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Is this a sign of old age? If so, what can I do about it?
                  [experience]NOTHING, SO GET F*CKING USED TO IT.[/experience]
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've grown less sensitive to other people's behavior as I've gotten older, which is why I now where bow ties.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Wear. That's other than mature, DaShi. That's

Comment

I find I'm mellowing with old age...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I'm startin to check out what the area seniors are doing so you have nothing to worry about by comparison
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Just play more Civ
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I could do that but all these activity groups are supposed to keep you socially connected and alert to traffic

At the baker yesterday I randomly pick up a loaf and he said oh yeah that is low sugar/low GI - perfect for you - STFU!!!
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X